Chapter 8

I feel a tear run down my cheek and I look down at the floor. Rye just stands there, staring at me.

When he caught sight of the tear it seemed like something clicked in his mind and suddenly he stormed towards me.

He put the teas down on his night stand before he engulfed my small frame in his arms. That's when I broke down.

He held me tight while I cried into his chest. I clunged onto his shirt, scared he would suddenly walk out the door.

He gently move us down on the bed and lay us down. When my sobs began to quiet down he began to play with my hair and whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

I could feel myself slowly falling asleep.

I woke up out of breath and cold. My eyes search around, trying to figure out where I am.

They quickly land on a sleeping Rye beside me. He looks so beautiful and calm while sleeping. I lay down again and end up just staring at him.

"Now you're the one staring Andy" Rye suddenly whispers and slowly his eyes flutter open.

I can feel my cheeks heat up and I open my mouth to answer, but no words come out. He just smiles at me before he sits up and stretch. He looks down at me again.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asks me and then it hits me.

He knows. He knows that I cut and I broke down in front of him. I think he can feel me freaking out, because he quickly take a hold of my shoulders and turn me to face him.

I try to avert my gaze away from him, but he uses one of his hands to force me to look at him.

"Hey, it's okay, you're fine" He says gently.
I shake my head and look down.

"No, I'm sick Rye, I'm not fine" I say and look up at him again.

My eyes captures his and I can see the sadness in them. Now it's his turn to look down.

His arms drop down to his sides and he sighs. He look towards my arms and then back up at me.

"Can I look at them?" He asks, his voice a little bit shaky.

I also look down at my arms, debating if it's a good idea or not, but I end up pulling the sleeves of Rye's hoodie up.

My arms are wrapped up in bandages, but I easily untie them and the scars on my arms appear. I frown at the bandages, they have been shifted.

These aren't as red as the last ones was. I look up at Rye again, but he's too busy staring at my arms.

He looks up at me, silently asking me if he can touch them and I give him a small nod. He hesitantly reach out one of his arms to run his long fingers along my arm.

He stops at one of the scars. It's above the artery in the wrist. It's the biggest and most memorable scar I have. It's the scar from when I tried to kill myself.

"Bet you wish no one had found you that night"