30.

Noni -

" Sophie baby...cmon mamas it's time to wake up" I shook Sophie.

Today we have a meeting with a daycare because i need to go back to college and Jack get's really busy so we have literally nobody to watch her.

Sophie just flipped her little body over, her little thumb in her mouth. I smiled picking her up out of bed.

" We gotta get you in a bath baby...get you all nice and pretty for your interview cutie" I said kissing both of her rosy cheeks.

She giggled laying her head on my shoulder.

" I'm hungry" she said playing with the necklace Jack got me and it made me remember.

He hasn't been home for almost a month...and yes it sucks not being with my...boyfriend...He calls every day and every night which is sweet and after Sophie falls asleep we talk and we laugh a lot...but it's not the same and i miss him so much.

" We can make some breakfast after your bath baby" i said lowering her down to her feet.

" K...can i call daddy after my bath too?" she asked looking up at me.

" Of course you can " I said pulling my phone out my pocket calling Jack right away.

His name was saved under DaddyBear👅💦

I remember i used to call him bear all the time it kinda came a thing where if i didn't call him that i was most likely angry or in some kinda of pain.

The phone rang and rang before Jack answered, his face appearing on the screen.

" Hey sexy" he winked smiling.

" Hey" i giggled pushing hair behind my ear. " You on your way?" i asked leaning the phone on the sink so i can undress Sophia.

" Yea...Can we ride together though because I wanna catch some lunch after and talk about something" He said looking back and forth from me to his car window. I furrowed my eyebrows confused.

Talk about what?

" Of course...i'm just putting Sophie in for a bath" I said turning the knob checking if the water was good enough for my baby.

" Ok...i should be there in about an hour, there's a lot of traffic" He sighed seeming worried.

" an hour?...The interview is at 11...it's 9:48 and it's already a half an hour drive from here" i furrowed my eyebrows.

" Wait what?..Fuck...uh take your car just in case then...i might be a little late" He sighed glancing at the windshield then at the phone.

I sighed nodding.

" Ok...Sophie wants to talk to you though" I said grabbing my phone handing it to Sophie.

" DADDY!!!"

+

" Sophia Gilinsky?...Has the...Sophia Gilinsky family arrived yet?" the secretary lady asked walking around with a clipboard.

" Uh yes!...Uhm...sorry...We're just waiting for her father...he's running a little late but he said he would be here..." I said raising Sophia on my hip.

" Are you sure? We have other interviews to handle all day and we're booked solid so if he is not here in the next 15 minutes you lose your spot on the waiting list" She said tapping her pen on the notepad...I nodded chewing my lip.