25

[xD She's awesome, ain't she?]

Amaya only stared at the bandaged boy, noticing a faint scar etched diagonally from the tip of his eyebrow to the bottom left point of his brown eye. A scar of that size and in that area would most certainly cause-- And that bandage over his left eye... The injury must be to his eye and whoever did it meant to make him-- 

He was blind. Completely and totally blind.

But he was happy. He swayed around and laughed without a single shred of sorrow or pain in his face, welcoming and helping customers that came up to him. If anyone asked him what happened to his eyes, he'd laugh and tell them. This boy seemed to let nothing get to him.

He was just like Rukia.

Amaya flinched slightly at this. She hadn't seen her dear cousin since she was little. Not since before she left with that snake Orochimaru. 

With a tiny sigh, she lifted her free hand to tug on Rage's sleeve.

Like a deer caught in headlights, Yuki stared at the doorway and whimpered softly.

"Oh really? Yuki? Crying? Pfft." Kiba's twitched, smelling the air. For one, the sweet scent of lavender whisked into his nose. Yuki loved lavender, he remembered. And the second thing, he smelled saline. That salty water stuff.

Peering over through the doorway, he saw his girl and the moment he did, she immediately covered her face and started to whine, sniffling and hiccuping like a sad little girl. He smiled a toothy smile and limped into her room, dipping his head to Kakashi as a means of respect. The jounin was, after all, her father. Adopted or not.

"Yu-Yu, how ya feelin'?" he asked calmly, stepping as close as he could without freakin he out. "Ya need a hug?"

"Shut the hell up!" she snapped, glaring up at him. "I thought you were dead!"

He gave her a blank look and sighed of exasperation as Akamaru hopped up on the bed, curling up in her lap. "I'm not that much uva loser."

Gracie

There was a dainty tug on the sleeve of Rage's dark green long-sleeved shirt and he looked down at Amaya questioningly. Her expression was distant but bereaved. He blinked his pale peach eyes and wondered what had made her mood change so suddenly from content and frowning to somber and frowning.

He tilted his head down at her and asked the question with his eyes.

Vell watched the exchange and felt a queasy something stirring in his stomach. These two kids liked each other. A lot. It was painfully obvious. If they weren't going out already, they would in just a short amount of time.

It made Vell itch just watching them.

He turned away, tail lashing in his pant leg. "I need fresh air. Stinking mutts...."

[Vell just has no idea how to nicely leave a room so two people can have privacy, can he? -___-'']