Written by Chris :)

Hello my infinite amount of followers!!! You have clicked on this review because you want to know how this movie turned out! Even though its not really relevant... here it is!!!

Summary

A soldier is sent to London to fight alien things, but by killing an alpha alien and getting it's mutated blood all over himself, Private Cage is sent back to the morning before. Unable to stay dead and continually reliving those two days, he finds a decorated soldier/love interest who had the same powers as he did. Together, they have time on their side to find out how to finally wipe out the alien scum.

Review

I had ZERO knowledge of this movie prior to watching it, didn't even see the trailer. It had a cool army feel at first, but when I saw him go back in time after he died... I was literally like "Oh fuck, its gonna be one of THOSE movies, huh?" However, besides all the typical 'tough army grunt and privates' and some other flaws that i will get into, the movie was not that half bad. If anything, they made the whole relive the past 24 hours thing actually work! It was smartly executed, comedic at times, and overall pretty enjoyable. To be honest, not a big Tom Cruise fan (after Oblivion) but this was not a bad performance. It showed him as a cowardly officer who somehow became a footsoldier (not exactly sure how that happened) and he is terrified because he is not supposed to be a fighter. You saw legitimate fear, and with each death (some serious, some scary, some sad, some hysterical), he actually grew and learned as a person. Emily Blunt's character was of this hardcore soldier who apparently had the same powers that Tom had, and together along with some other non-important/non-attractive person, they find ways to defeat the weird ass aliens that seem to always win. The drama of the aliens being so incredibly hard to kill added some sweet action. Also, with some reincarnations, Tom starts to bond and fall in love with Emily, to the point where he doesnt want to go any further because she always dies at one point in time. Its an interesting concept and pretty well made.... however..... the ending.... GAHHHH. Just... prepare yourself for a "Source-Code" type happy ending... just gah.

Not gonna say anymore cuz I do think this was a good movie, so watch it! Its a fun and pretty emotional ride!

Thanks for reading!Follow us. Comment. Feedback. All that jazz!!!