four

this chapter is dedicated to Troye0dah202   they helped me write this chapter! you should follow them, they seem pretty cool [they're also into BTS ;)]
___________________________

SLAM!

carla slammed her now vacant locker shut with a huff.

"so glad i'm out of this shithole," she muttered

joyous laughs and screams came out from the last bell of the school year. everyone was basically happy to enter into summer without the setback of school.

although a certain voice that came from the girls' bathroom concerned carla

"i know you're in there, you little slut. i can smell you,"

the wretched voice was all to familiar to carla's ears; they belonged to one person and one person only.

greta bowie.

carla cringed. she had unfortunate history with the girl, something she wished could be suppressed an easily forgotten. but things couldn't be that easy.

but no. she remembers every aspect vividly.
————————————————————

"blue or pink?" greta debated as two bottles of blue and pink nail polish was analyzed in her hands.

"blue. that pink is way too bright. you'll look like a stripper," beverly concluded

"i agree. that color is absolutely atrocious" carla grabbed a slice of pizza from the greasy cardboard box and took quite a large bite from the oily food

"hmm. you guys are right i guess. blue it is," greta opened the bottle and applies a layer of polish in her toe.

beverly looked at carla. she noticed her soft black hair, her defined cheekbones, her baby pink lips-

"wow, i know i must look hot from devouring this pizza," carla laughed as she noticed beverly staring and her and wiped her mouth off with her sleeve.

beverly was starting to blush. "i'll be right back guys, i need to use the bathroom real quick," she fumbled and got up

"mkay. can you bring me an orange soda from the fridge while you're gone?" greta hummed as she painted her nails in a cautious manner

beverly looked back and nodded and quickly disappeared.

beverly reached the bathroom and closed the door. she huffed a breath and looked into the mirror. she looked at her red freckles and fiery hair.

her feelings about carla were complicated. they were great friends, but why was she feeling so different about her? there was this aching feeling inside of her, and she absolutely hated it. she pushed it away and remembered about the orange soda.

beverly marsh was falling in love with carla
———//———————-//——————-//

"done!" greta piped, "all i need to do is let them dry. what do you think?" she wiggled her freshly painted toes across from carla

"they look cute. much better than what the pink would've looked like,"

"yeah, i agree" she admired her nails with a smile.

after a few moments of silence, greta piped up.

"i wonder what kissing a girl feels like,"

carla was a bit taken aback. but weird andy unusual questions usually came out of the girl, so she didn't take it that seriously.

"it's like you're kissing a boy. they're just lips," carla said. "why'd you ask?" she looked up from her magazine.

"just curious," greta shrugged.

"alrighty," carla looked back at her magazine

"so uh, wanna try it out?" greta shyly piped in. she didn't know why she wanted to do it, she just overall wanted to. she felt like it would feel right.

this time carla abandoned her attention of the magazine altogether.

"try what out?" she furrowed her eyebrows

"you know, like a girl kiss. i mean, it cant mean anything, we're just friends. i just wanna try it out. something different, like for fun?"

"i mean i-" carla started

"there's no one watching. beverly isn't here, and my dads out working. it's just a small kiss,"

it's just a kiss, carla thought. she was right, no one is here, so what's the big deal?

"okay," carla stood up straight

"alright,"

after a moment, greta scooted closet to carla. both of their hearts were pumping, blood rushing throughout their body.

greta's face was getting closer to carla's face, and carla started to breath a little heavier. suddenly, greta planted a kiss into her lips

the kiss was sweet, pure, and innocent. both girls found themselves liking it; a foreign but addicting feeling.

greta pulled back. they both stared at eachother. carla's face was flushed and greta had a small smile on her face

the whole time, though, a guest was present throughout the time, watching them

CRASH!

all of a sudden, beverly's hand slipped, causing the class bottle to shatter and orange soda spilling everywhere.

the two girls snapped their heads towards the commotion, but faces in speechless shock.