TWENTY

"chosen! my bitch!" june shouted loudly, running towards her best friend to tackle him in a hug.

"june, how've you been?" he smiled, hugging her tightly. "i've missed you like crazy. i know it's only been like two months but damn." his arms still snaked around her small waist.

"i'm great, thank you for asking." the blonde pulled away resistantly still looking at her best friend in his deep brown eyes.

"okay bitches," sophia started, "if you could stop making heart eyes at each other for like three seconds i'd appreciate. i need to see my girl." she pushed her way in between the embrace.

sophia and june hugged for what seemed like forever according to the boys. they all got their turns with hugs. jaeden went after soph, then jack, then jeremy, and then finn.  nic showed up a minute later for a hug, confusing june.

"liz isn't here, nic," june stared.

"i'm not here for liz." nic smiled at her softly. he knew wyatt was following close behind. the whole group of friends held their breath as they waiting for wyatt to show up.

wyatt creeped his way up to june, compressing the smile that tugged on his lips, he was afraid to let his friends see that the pairs rocky path had been settled. hopefully forever. it's been almost a month since wyatt broke up with elena.

the friends group knew that wyatt broke up with her, they truly thought it was because she was annoying. well, everyone except chosen and sophia. they knew the whole story— given they were partially behind the thing to begin with.

the two stared at each other with even bigger heart eyes. too embarrassed to say anything or move any closer. june, the brave one, made the first move. she walked up to him, slowly, of course, before saying anything.

"hey, wy," she whispered. her right hand lifting up just enough to cup his cheek, caressing it with her thumb. "you did it?" she asked, wanting to be sure.

"yes. i had too. i promise i was telling you the truth." wyatt whispered back. mustering up the courage to graze his fingertips on her hip. their friends stood wide eyed and watched. "i-i swear, june. i wouldn't lie to you, okay, i-" wyatt rambled.

"shut up and kiss me." june interrupted him. bringing her left hand to cup the other side of his face, holding his cheeks lightly.

the curly headed boy didn't have to be told what to do twice. he threw his arms around her waist more, with much more force than the minutes before. june's elbows poked into his chest as she pulled his lips to hers. wyatt could care less, all he could think about was june.

all he cared about was june. he was happy that his girl was finally back in his arms again, after all these years. that they really meant something to each other again.

june slipped away from him, hands still resting against his soft skin.

"i'm glad you're back." she spoke.

"yeah, me too." wyatt brought the blonde in for another passionate kiss.