Chapter Twelve.

AN:: blaaah, I'm so sorry for the long wait on this update, I've been struggling with a bit of writers block :/ but I'm back on track now!! Let's hope it stays that way.

Also, I was thinking of doing a few chapters in Logan's perspective, and wanted to know what you all think about that? Please leave me your opinions in the comments! Xx

Thank you!

x

xx

xxx

xx

x

Water rushed around me... Loud, swirling, crashing... The current forcefully ripped me under the foamy surface, dragging my flailing body across the rocky bed of sand below.

No matter how hard I fought, frantically thrashing my arms and legs about, I couldn't manage to burst back through the surface. My body flipped and spun around as the current propelled me further and further downstream.
My lungs felt as if they were shrivelng up, screaming at me to take a breath before my reflexes took over and did it for me...

My heart was pounding. I needed air...

Just as my body hitched to automatically inhale, I felt a hand reach down, plunging through the water and taking hold of my wrist.

"ANABELLE!!"

A distressed voice that I couldn't quite pinpoint shouted my name, echoing off into the distance...

Suddenly, there was no more water. Everything was calm and quiet... I found myself standing in a beautiful, luxurious foyer, underneath a stunning crystal chandelier and next to a huge, elegant wood stair case leading up and around the corner, into mystery.

As my eyes gazed about, I took in the high ceilings, sophisticated decorations and soft lighting of the large room... The space felt very warm and welcoming, as if it were safe to be there. This place was completely gorgeous...

But where the hell was I?

My feet seemed to propel forward on their own, slowly bringing me to a picture on the wall. I stared up at it, but couldn't quite get a good look at the photo inside the polished silver frame. It was as if there was a glare over the glass, but the chandelier wasn't bright enough to do that, and as I looked around behind me, I couldn't spot any windows allowing sunshine to leak in.

Slowly, my hand reached up to touch the glass of the picture...

"Ana."

I flinched and my hand snapped back, my head whirling around and slinging my long dark hair as I searched for someone standing around me. The long corridor was empty, though. I was definitely the only one there... Yet, it felt like there was a presence looming over me, watching my every move.

I slowly began to walk down the long, elegant hall, waiting for the voice to speak again. I was positive that it would.

"Anabelle..."

My footsteps stopped. It was that same damn voice I'd been hearing for days, bouncing off the walls inside my head.

"Hello?" My voice softly echoed out as I continued down the corridor.

"This way..."

The voice lured me down the hall a few more feet before speaking to me again.