Chapter 1

"Chise!'

I hear Elias yell from the living quarters of the house as I finish buttoning the last button of today's outfit.

"I'm coming, Elias!"

I yell back as I do my best not to sound as rushed as I actually am. I run downstairs only to be greeted by Ruth and Elias sitting patiently by the burning harth.

"Ah, Chise. You're finally awake. Good morning." said Elias as usual.

"Good morning, Elias. What ar- Oh! Look outside!" I say in awe of the raging blizzard taking place outdoors.

"Perhaps I should cancel today's lesson. We need to practice this spell outside, but I'm afraid it's much too cold out today." Elias sighed.

A smile finds it's way across my face and I carefully crawl into Elias's warm lap.

"A lazy snow day is perfectly fine by me." I say as I look up to Elias who's glowing, crimson eyes are already fixated on mine.

"Then that's just what we'll have." Elias says as he lowers his mandible to imitate a smile.

A face like Elias's isn't the most expressive, yet I still manage to read him just fine.

I wrap Elias's silky, black cloak around me and get lost in a book for sometime before I hear an eager knock at the door.

Ruth raises his head, and so does Elias. "I'll get it!" I say as I scramble my way to the front door. I wonder who would be out in a storm like this? Simon, maybe?

I wrap my hand around the knob and pull the door open only to be greeted by the same face that Elias wore in the auction house on the night that we saved Lindel's dragon.

She had long white hair and emotionless red eyes. "Hello." I murmer uncomfortably in hopes that Elias will admit this is all some kind of prank.

Then she spoke.

"Ah hello, is the master of the home available by any chance?" The woman asked with the same voice that Elias had at the action house.

I went speachless with not a clue what to say to her. I then feel Elias's presence behind me.

"Yes, I am." Elias spoke from behind me. I then feel him tense up almost as if he's surprised or uncomfortable.

The women's pale, expressionless face then lit up with joy. "Oh Thorn! I've been searching for so long, and I've finally located you!" She squealed hapily.

"Please forgive me, but I'm not sure we've even met. Your face I'm familiar with, but I don't recall who you are." Elias sounded almost confused.

How does he know what she looks like but not know her name? This is very odd.

I look back to Elias who's attention is fixated on her. "How do you mimick her appearence perfectly, but deny knowing her?" I asked him.

"I- I don't know." Elias said sounding genuinely as taken back by this as I am.

"May I step inside? I'll explain everything there. It's absolutely freezing out here!" The women asked desperately.

Elias immediately steps back and holds the door open for her to enter. "Of course, I don't much care for this weather either." He said.

We gather around the harth and I sit closely to Elias, who's still very tense. The women sits in the chair adjecnt to us. "First let me start off by introducing myself I guess. My name is Thistle. Thorn and I have known each other for a very long time, but it seems he still hasn't recovered his memory." She sighed.

Thistle stood up and smiled shyly. "Before I explain further, I'm going to see if this will Jog your memory. Even if it's just a bit.

She recited what seemed to be a spell of some sort and then her appearence changed with a flash of amber light.

She had a wolf skull for a head like Elias's, and her eyes were the same as his except they were a slightly more magenta than red. Her skin was also dark purple and her horns were longer, pointed back, and curled under. She and Elias are the same kind of creature for sure.

Elias finally broke his silence. "Y- you're just like me..."