Ch 17- It was worth it, if you ask him

Soda kept flirting back and forth with Steve. Soda was born flirting, being a natural romantic. Steve didn't know the first thing about romance, since Evie didn't always give him much of a chance. Most of their dates ended up in fighting or sex, and she never made a big deal out of gifts or anniversaries or anything like that. Soda and Sandy were different, he made it his life's work to make her happy with big romantic gestures. Now he was doing the same thing with Steve, but starting small of course. Any attempt at flirting turned quickly to play-fighting though, thanks to Steve. But with a bed, Soda could turn wrestling into making out with relative ease.
He kissed him a few times and pulled the denim jacket from his arms. He immediately started to chuckle at Steve's bright pink peeling arms. He rolled his eyes, muttered for him to shut up, and crashed their lips together. They dragged themselves to Soda's bedroom and their shirts came off in seconds. Of course Steve wore his DX shirt unbuttoned most of the time anyway, so it wasn't much of a shocker when he threw his shirt half across the room carelessly. But Soda couldn't not be happy nevertheless. He ran his hands about Steve's bare back as he sat over him, trying to close the space between them. He held Soda's face as they kissed and he moaned into it. The sound killed Steve, because he was pretty sure this was just a really killer make-out session, not an invitation for casual midday sex. He wondered if Soda knew what it did to him, because it just got louder. You could hear it from the other side of the house, which would be fine, if Ponyboy hadn't come in. Obviously little Pony's first instinct was to run toward danger. Well, he thought it would be danger, like Soda was getting mauled by a tiger or something. He wasn't right, but he was close. In Pony's defense, there was absolutely no attempt to shut the bedroom door behind them when they came in.
"Oh my go- Guys!! Come on, I- I sleep there!!! God! Uck-" He was shouting and throwing any book he could find at Steve.
Steve jumped up, while trying to dodge and duck the books, "Alright! Okay, jeez!"
Soda laughed at Steve, red, peeling arms and a pink face too, completely changed mood in half a second, yelling at Pony to quit throwing books.
"I'm sick a this!" Pony whined, "I had to ditch Johnny 'n' Dal at the diner for the same thing."
Sodapop suddenly felt bad, like everyone was abandoning him to fuck or something. He was sure Ponyboy deserved friends that would rather talk to him than make out.
Soda chuckled at their bickering and stood, "Aw shoot Ponyboy, I'm sor-"
His words were cut short when his breath hitched at Steve's sudden pat on his ass.
"God! I am outta here!" Pony groaned and left the room.
Soda gave Steve a glare and he returned a mock-innocent smile.
"Hey, wait, Pony, I'm sorry! We'll go, we won't kick you outta the house," he threw a shirt on and dragged Steve out to a movie.
Soda begged him to be nice to his brother, and Steve tried his best to be agreeable. That much was enough for him, and they both kissed all the way through the movie. When they got back to the Curtis house after it was over, Two-bit and Darry were there. Pony had gone back out with Dallas and Johnny for the night. As soon as they walked through the door, Two hopped up. He started on a story for Steve about how he was trying to get rid of Evie but she just kept begging for answers about what happened to her boyfriend. He knew better than to just spill that he left her for his best friend, so he just kept making jokes to avoid the question. The only thing she could beat out of Two-bit was a quarter for the payphone to call Steve.
"Yeah, thanks a ton for choosing today as the one day you keep change on you," Steve said sarcastically.
Two laughed, "You'd rather she not've called you? Then you'd still have a girlfriend, and this-," he wiggled a finger at the two of them, "-would be cheating!" He laughed and leaned against Soda, "Or does Sodapop like bad boys?"
Soda pushed him away and Steve punched him in the arm.
They spent the rest of the day just lounging around. They headed to a nearby store with Two-bit and he stole a pack of cookies. While they were there, some soc girls made fun of Steve's nasty burns and Soda managed to get 90% of a bottle of Pepsi drenching her nice dress, plus Two pantsed a guy they were with. When they went back to work the next day, Steve made sure to kiss him hard whenever some flirty girls came by. Steve didn't get the best rep at school after Summer ended since he was outed, but it was worth it if you ask him. He could defend himself anyway.
When people were confused about their relationship, Soda would say they have what Dally and Johnny have, to quote Steve. But just as he said, they could do it better. Even if Steve's nobody's favorite person in the world, he'd never treat Soda like Dallas does Johnny.
The two of them knew how to love each other in their own way, even if it seemed twisted from the outside. The gang couldn't help but be happy for them... Or maybe they were just glad Steve's arms finally finished peeling and he could quit complaining about it.