Chapter 2

The next day during free period that all the seniors have, unless they need to make up a class credit, I'm sitting in the library reading since I've finished all my homework. Most of the seniors who have free period particiapte in a sport, Liam included, but not me. I tried out for the school football team freshman year but never made it. Footie is the only sport that I really enjoy.

"Hey kid," I hear a raspy voice say from my right.

Snapping my head toward the voice I find myself staring at the most handsome man I've ever laid my eyes upon. He's tall, probably 6 feet tall and very lanky with chocolate brown curly hair that's up in a bun. What attracks me the most to him is his mossy green eyes. I could loose myself in those eyes forever.

"Yeah," I manage to stutter out quietly, shocked that someone other than Liam is talking to me, if you don't count the snide and rude remarks I recieve daily while in this hell everyone calls school.

The tall lad in front of me smiles gently. "Where are the books on footie players from Britian?"

I stare at him for a moment, realizing that he must think I'm one of the student workers. Shrugging away the thought as I stand, I do spend a lot of time here so in all honesty I know where all of the books are. Motioning for the tall lad to follow me as I lead him over to the section.

"What's you're name, kid?" he asks as I show him the books he's looking for.

Staring down at my black and white Toms, I mumble out, "Louis."

"Well Louis, nice to meet you." I can see from my pherhial vision his hand out for me to shake. I gently take it and we shake as he says, "I'm Harry Styles, new transferr student and senior. You're what, a sophmore?"

Shaking my head as I drop my arm back to my side. "No, I'm a senior."

Harry takes a deep intake of air. "You must be Louis Tomlinson, I've heard about the brainy lad that was only supposed to be a sophmore but was jumped two grades."

I nod as my wholy body flushes from embarressment. "Yeah, that's me. The 'nerdy gay' lad who was jumped two grades." As I turn to walk back to my belonginngs before the bell rings I tell him softly. "Stay away from me if you don't want to be labled a misfit for being my friend and have your repitation ruined like Liam's."

I ignore Harry's pleas for me to come back and that he doesn't care about his rep, that he wants to become mine and Liam's friend. I don't believe him. He's new, he doesn't know any different. I wish Liam would have ended our friendship a few years ago like I wanted to before his repitation at the school was runied.

Grabbing my belongings just as the bell signals, I see Harry at the checkout with a stack of five books. Must be doing a research project. I see his eye light up as I speed walk to the exit. Must leave before I can't resist the curly haired lad anymore.

Breathing out a sigh of relif as I near my last class of the day when I'm shoved against a locker, smacking my head against it. Groaning from the throbbing in my head, I see Kent, my bully, grinning at me evilly.

"Hey fag, how's it going?" he sneers as he slams my head into the locker again. "Oh, wait, I don't care," he laughs as he knee makes contact with my stomach causing me to let out an 'ugh' as I slide down the locker.

"Hey!" I hear someone yell faintly as the pain in my head pounds and the whooshing in my ears makes it hard for me to hear well.

As I curl into myself lying on the cold hard floor, suddenly realizing that the hallway is silent. Opening my eyes, seeing that Harry has Kent by the shirt up against the wall across from me.

"Leave him the fuck alone. I see you near him again, I will make you regreat it," Harry growls out. He actually fucking growled at Kyle causing my bully to bow his head while whimpering out an 'yes Alpha.'

What the actual fuck? Alpha? Why is Kyle submitting to Harry and calling him 'alpha'? I'm so confused as my vision blurs before I completely black out.

Sometime later since I'm not sure how much has lapsed when I passed out. I can hear faint talking to my right. I know that it's at least two males talking, what about, not a clue.

"Harry, you need to tell him," I hear a voice, not sure who this male is, plead with Harry. "If he is your mate, you should tell him now before this secret makes things worse when it comes out later."

This has sparked my interest so I remain silent and not moving in hopes I learn what they're talking about. "Harry, Louis is awake," Liam says from my left. Wait, Liam's here.

Rolling my head toward his voice, slowly cracking my eyes open to see his blurry face come into focus. "Lima Bean?" I ask using my childhood nickname for him for him causing him to smile weakly back at me.

"Hi Lou Lou," Liam replies softly as he brushes my fringe out of my eyes.

Smiling weakly at him as I ask, "What happend?" Coughs erupt from my body due to my dry sratchy throat and the pain in my stomach.

Liam quickly helps me drink from the throw away cup before I'm answered by Harry. "I brought you to the nurses office in the school, who called an ambulance for you. You passed out after that arsehole hit you and did whatever else before I showed."

Turning my attention toward Harry, I smile gratefully at him. "Thank you, Harry. You didn't have to though."

"Not a problem, Louis," Harry answers softly looking fondly down at me. "You're mum should be here soon and once she is, the doctor said he'll explain everything to you and her."

"Shit," I mumble to myself causing Liam and Harry to look at me confused. "Mum doesn't know about what's going on at school. She's stressed enough with work and raising the seven of us," I mumble out as my face turns cherry red.

"Louis! Why in the bloody hell doesn't she know?" Liam angerly asks throwing his hands up.

"She has enough on her shoulders between work and raising the seven of us," I repeat.

"You have six siblings?" Harry's voice reeks of surprise.

Nodding as I pick at the hem of my shirt. "Yeah, I'm the oldest, then there's Lottie, who's 15 years, Fizzy, she's 13 years, then there's Phoebe and Daisy, they're twins and 10 years and then twins, Doris and Ernie, who are 2 years."

Harry's jaw drops and his mouth is in an 'o' shape. "Bloody hell, your parents have a house full."

Shaking my head at him, I chuckle. "Mum and Dan only have the youngest set of twins together. Mum and Mark had my four sisters together."

Harry cocks his head at me. "What about your dad?"

"My father left mum when she told him she was pregnant for me. When I was born Mark was with mum and he inisted she put him on my birth certificate." Just then the door to the hospital room opens, allowing mum to rush inside witih a frantic look on her face.

"Louis, oh thank goodnes," she breaths out when our eyes meet. "What happened, baby?" Looking down in shame, I explain everything to her once she's sitting on the edge of the bed.

As I'm finishing, a doctor enters the room with a nurse to explain what's wrong with me to mum and myself. Turns out I have two cracked ribs, many bruises on my stomach and sides and several cuts on my face. The doctor says as long as everything is well, I'll be allowed to go home late this evening.

Mum insists that she's requesting a meeting with the princaple tomorrow to discuss this matter despit my protests. With those protests I earned three glares and told to hush by mum. Liam and Harry head home around 4 p.m. with both of their parents talking to mum so they knew what was happening. I thank the both of them before they left and I was allowed to leave with mum an hour later.