Ch 24. Henry

Enjolras didn't  expect to see Éponine seated with everyone when he arrived. He and Marius managed to sneak in three pistols each, one pound of gun powder, and a bunch of bullets. So when he walked in, Marius holding all of the weapon, and him holding a little diamond ring, he didn't expect to see Éponine. "Do you think Éppy will like it?" He asked when he walked in. Everyone's attention turned to him, including Éponine's.

  "I don't know, will I?" She asked, a smirk dancing on her lips. Enjolras paled, taking three pistols from Marius as he placed the ring, well rings, into his waistcoat pocket. She laughed at Enjolras's Stone expression.

  "What are you doing here, Eppy?" He asked, placing the pistols onto a cleared table. "You really shouldn't be here." Enjolras crossed his arms, standing in front of Éponine. Her hands were folded on her lap, and her eyes burned into his backs he walked to the back of the room, his footsteps loud. "Combeferre, Joly, any update?"

  "The General is getting worse." Joly said, as he put the pistols from Enjolras into a small pile. Each table in the  Café Musain was filled with some kind of weaponry. Knives, pistols, guns, swords, gun powder, and ammunition. "He might not make it the next week or two." Silence fell over the Les Amis, and Éponine clenched a fist. Her face paled, even though she knew of this information before hand.

  Enjolras sighed, running a hand through his golden locks. "We must be prepared for everything. We don't know how many people are willing to fight with us at the Barricade, we only know of the people who support us." He picked up a sword, the one Les Amis knew well. Enjolras got the sword for his sixteenth birthday, which was obviously a weird birthday gift in Éponine's opinion.

  "Not true. About fifty five people signed the paper, volunteering for the Barricade."

"But doesn't the National Guard have about, I don't know? A thousand men?" Grantaire asked, sipping from a bottle.

  "Grant!" Éponine scolded, slapping his arm. Her friend shrugged, muttering a small apology.

  "Let me stress drink in peace. I've been What? A month sober, good enough for me." He said before taking another large gulp from the bottle of wine. It was as if he was reunited with his old lover, which was a strange comparison. (A/N According to the Wiki, Grantaire is 29 years old, like wtf you oldie.) Éponine sighed, before her eyes landed on Marius. "Oh, wait Ep-"

  "Marius, you ass!" She said. Marius turned around, his face flushing. "You are a stupid ass, did you know that?" Enjolras looked up from the speech he was writing as he heard Éponine start yelling at Marius.

  "This will be fun." Courfeyrac said, his eyes bright. "Ponnie would never stand up to Marius when she said she liked him, but now? Oh that poor Pontmercy will meet a fate worse than hell." Enjolras tried to go back to writing. His feathered pen dipped into the ink, some black spots scattering.

  "What did I do?" Marius asked, meekly.

  "You called Cosette 'ugly'."

  Marius gasped. "I would never do that to my beauty! Why are you falsely accusing me of such a sin?"

  "You would never do such a thing now, but you didn't say anything about then. Cosette remembers meeting you prior, when her and her father were moving place to place. She was a little girl with stringy blonde hair but vibrant blue eyes."

  "Oh, you mean the one at Luxembourg Gardens? That girl is not Cosette. She always looked so awkward in her corset and dress and her hair was always so thin and looked weak."

"That was Cosette, you idiot!" Éponine said, slapping him. A loud crack was heard through the café, notifying everyone of the violent gesture. "Remember how, oh I don't know, she used to live with me. And my 'family'?" Enjolras sighed, gently placing his quill into the ink bottle. His chair scrapped against the hollow ground as he pushed back, rushing to prevent the murder of Marius Pontmercy.