The Beginning

A/N: Hope you enjoy my first Kousei x Kaori fanfic!

Totsuhara City, Tokyo, February 18th, 2015

"It reached her.. it reached her.. " Kousei muttered as he barged inside the Totsuhara General Hospital, which Kaori underwent her surgery.

He know that she had won her battle against cancer as after his majestic performance with the corresponding result following it, he saw his Sony Xperia flooded with messages both from Watari, Tsubaki, Seto, and even his father, with only one news. It was a success

Awash with a mixed bag of emotions and his hope went up as high as the seven summits of the world as he emerged victorious in that eventful day, he charged straight ahead, full throttle, and upon he reached her room; Tsubaki and Watari, already awaiting him in front of it, can only stood in silence as he barged in to let out his bottled feelings. 

"Kaori?"

"Kou..sei..?" she answered, as tears started to form on her blue eyes.

He lunged in to hug her. "This is not a dream, isn't it? 

"It is" she feigned sadness. Then "Of course not, Friend A! Look and touch me now. A ghost doesn't have flesh or bones, as your eyes see now. Besides, do you really think I won't make it despite I have cancer?" She cried happily as she felt Kousei's body, knowing that the gesture laid the truth bare about his feelings towards her.

Still hugging her, Kousei said, still shocked of her revelation of the illness affecting her. "No, I believe you can, and now you're here.. You lied to me, but as I play. I realized.. You loved me, am I right? And we'll play together once more?"

"Yes, dear. It's time for us to reach the stars together as two is better than one. Until our end." She replied with a misty eyes.

"Still.. how about Watari and Tsubaki? I afraid about their hearts."

"Actually Watari knows that you and I belong together. I also feel that Tsubaki and you, are actually better as friends and she saw you as a brother figure she never have, instead. And let me apologize for the lie I told to them that I liked Watari.. "

"And if you asked me, why I'm doing this to you, Kousei? I have no space back then as I see you three are so close together." she continued.

"My god, Kaori, so you are lying just to get close to my son?" Takahiko Arima asked Kaori, shocked as she confessed her deeds.

"Dad!" Kousei moved aside to hug his father.

"Anyway, the past is the past, son. I can see you and her as match made in heaven. Oh.. if only Saki can see this." Takahiko, recently chosen as a member of Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly, remembered Saki.

He has vowed to get closer to Kousei as he began his political career under aegis of the long-ruling Liberal Democratic Party (Jiminto).

---

Back to the kids, the next day, Kaori was released from the hospital. For now, the doctors assured her that she was fine like she was before, while still on medication in order for her to be fully cured, along with associated rehabilitation.

"Can I come with you?" Kousei asked while she walked, for the first time since the surgery, into the pharmacy inside the hospital to obtain her prescriptions.

"Of course. Let's be closer, shall we?" she asked as her now-boyfriend watched her walk.

Tsubaki, with Watari behind her saw the couple walked through the hospital aisle, and despite her feelings of hurt and jealousy, she began to come to terms about her relationship with Kousei which are more accurately described as brother and sister. Besides, the true friend like her will let her best friend to live his own life and to be with the girl who really loved him, which is Miyazono Kaori.

They are happy that Kousei found his own happiness, and keep watch on the new couple, content with their relationships, and wished for their love to thrive.

As it what they needs...

---

A/N: Hope you like my take on the miracle of Kaori's survival. The next chapter will be fast-forwarded for the "Miyarima World Tour". Stay tuned, and don't forget to hit that star to vote, then give me your comments! Especially about the songs that they would play as they performed on stage, as husband and wife. 

Arigatou!