You are my father, Red

When Liz realizes that Red turning himself in to the FBI, watching her when she was a child, saving her life, being so determined to protect her and keep her safe, all of these are the portrayal of a father's love. It all finally clicked into place for her.

"You...lied to me. When we first met, you asked me about my scar. I told you my father gave it to me. But you knew that already, didn't you?"

 But you knew that already, didn't you?"

"What was that you said? A father who's a career criminal, and a mother who died of weakness and shame. Why didn't you just tell me who you were? Why keep it a secret? Come into my life, give up everything, go broke trying to protect me, and not tell me you're my father?"

"Broke is such a harsh word, I prefer illiquid."

"What was so awful, that you withheld the answer to a question I've been wondering my entire life? Were you afraid I'd turn out like you? Cause guess what? I am like you. All those times you asked me to think like a criminal, was it a test to see how naturally it came to me? Because it did, come naturally. And that terrifies me."

"Elizabeth, if you need to walk away-"

"Walk away? Are you serious? How could you be so smart, and so clueless? Yes, I'm terrified. I'm angry. I'm angry at you, at who I am, at the fact that I want to help you despite everything you've done to me, and to yourself. But, anger, fear,..........and a certain amount of hatred, are all normal in a family." 

Liz pauses "And that's what we are. I'm not gonna walk away from that."

"