four

After seeing that tired look on your face, how could he ever bring himself to kill you? He had only known you for a couple of weeks, and he was certain that you loathed him for some reason, his timing on things was always the worst and he seemed to get on your nerves every single time.

But then, he began to put himself in your shoes. Somehow, he could tell that you were struggling. You were trying your best to live a normal life, but at the same time, you had to protect yourself from something that you didn't know was coming.

You didnt' know who to trust, he could see the way you struggled to interact with everyone, causing them to label you as an outcast. You were in discomfort while talking even with Taehyung and Jin who he knew you were closest with.

He knew that you needed someone, after seeing that impression in your eyes, he knew that he couldn't bring himself to kill you. He couldn't crush another person just to lift his own dreams.

And that day, he decided that he would surrender. He would tell you that he was an assassin, and that he was willing to submit and to be your protector.

It just felt like the best thing to do, it felt like it was the right thing to do.

"Why did you call me up here, Jungkook?" The coldness and bluntness of your voice had surprised him from his train of thoughts. Thoughts which surrounded you. He flashed you a small smile which you cocked an eyebrow at.

"I don't have all day, you know." You tell him, growing impatient. You hated your time being wasted.

"(Y/N), I have something to confess." Jungkook took a step towards you, you began to feel the nervousness to bubble at the seriousness of his face.

"I'm an assassin." Your eyes widened, and you reached for a knife that you had strapped against your thigh. "Wait!" His shout and the way raised his arms in the air in an expression of surrender had stopped you.

"What are you-"

"I surrender and I will commit to be your protector."

You were beginning if this was some joke, but you knew that the moment that the assassin had revealed themselves to you and you still had time to notify Jonghyun, then you were still the winner and you earned a protector.

But the thought of having Jeon Jungkook as your protector had repulsed you. You had no idea why, but the mere thought of him had caused you a lot of irritation and you loathed his presence.

"I don't need a protector." You stubbornly told him whilst straightening your position. You crossed your arms across your chest as a form of defiance towards him. "You should have just killed me."

Jungkook grits his teeth, he wasn't expecting that you would be this stubborn about it. But still, he had decided and nothing that you were going to say was going to change his mind.

"Listen, (Y/N), you need a protector."

"I do-"

"Will you listen to me?" Jungkook cuts you off in irritation, and you deepened your glare as you began to curl your hands into fist. Feeling the nail break skin for the second time.

"Does it look like I want to hear anything that you have to say." Jungkook sighs in exasperation.

"What did I do to you, (Y/N)?" He was beginning to grow frustrated with how you were acting, and he had to admit, embarrassed that you were denying his request. "Even if you don't want me to be your protector, it's part of the rules." He took a step closer to you as if to intimidate you, but your feet stayed planted against the ground.