Maybe, Warmth doesn't Belong to Me.

Sweats were running through his back when he decided to take a break. Lifting his gaze, he realised the beautiful sunset has turned into a deep darkness. It must be pretty late but time has no exact concept these days. He just need to sprint all the way, running for his own dream by learning how to let go. Guilt and success don't go hand in hand, do they? He sat on the floor, trying to gain his composure one more time before going back to his practise.

     "Hyung...?" A familiar voice that he rather not to hear at this moment. Truth to be told, he was pissed with it all but it would be unfair to lash it out to anyone. The only thing he can change is himself, thus his tremendous effort to keep on practising late tonight. He hummed a response.

     "Shownu hyung, you... okay?" The younger guy walked in the practise room timidly, keeping himself close to the wall rather than approaching Shownu.

     "Yes, Kihyun. What do you need?" Kihyun threw his gaze everywhere but on the older guy. His hands were shaking as he grew anxious by seconds. Fear and guilt were suffocating him. He gathered his courage and let out a shaky breath.

     "I think it is only right for me to apologise." The statement was enough to attract attention from Shownu.

     "For what?" Gulping down some water, his eyes were on Kihyun.

     "For choosing the song despite you saying it might be hard for you. For not doing well enough. For still winning the mission despite being criticised as the worst stage ever. I mean, I don't deserve this. This is hard. You left right after Kwangji and Yoosu left us, I can't help but to think...that you are mad."

     Okay, honesty is key. Not too bad. He felt himself relaxed and decided to console the other guy a little bit. After all, don't they all feel too much pressure already? Misunderstanding and bad relationship will just have drained all of them. He turned his back to the younger to look reluctant, to show that the competition, the mission or even the elimination did not bother him at all. He need to show that it was nothing for him so the younger would feel better.

     "It's my fault. I didn't practise enough. Like what the judges said, I'm bad with mind control and that backlash our performance. Nothing to do with you. So, no worries." Shownu turned the music on, a hint for Kihyun to go out.

     "If you say so." Kihyun sounded defeated and left. Shownu was dumbfounded. He intended to console the guy with the only way he knew but it must be a wrong move. Shownu try to shake it off his head and continue with his practise.

     Of course, it was hard when the judges decided that it was him rather than Kihyun that deserved to face elimination. It was harder when they lined up in front of everyone, with their fate being decided by the judges. The hardest? The guilt because when he was about to feel relieved, two of his comrades are trying hard not to cry while their dreams crumbled down as if their efforts were nothing. Everything was pissing him off. Why can't the company let them debut together? Maybe as 2 group of 6? Tweak the concept JYP once use a little bit and make their life similar to 2PM and 2AM sunbaenim? Alas, those guys went through a hell of reality programme before being chosen and then split into 2 groups. That were cruel as well.

     Honestly, nothing about the programme is fair. Despite him saying so many times that he did not want to work with Kihyun, the company thought that a little drama and collusion would be worth the viewer ratings. It was his future they were playing with. Pairing him with Kihyun when they really don't fit one another. Not their singing, not their style. They are not even close to one another. Nothing is wrong with that guy, it was him and his unnecessary attention for the other since last year that set off the warning sign for himself.