19. Event

"Yeah, you know that we fit together."

•••

Avelyn

The MTV music video awards were this weekend and Camila invited me to be her plus one. I wanted to be the supportive friend I was so I decided to pack up and head out to New York. I was happy to be back to see Jaime for the weekend as well.

Speaking of which I had just landed and grabbed my luggage. I stood outside as I waited for Jaime to come and pick me up. Instead of renting a hotel room I was staying with Jaime.

I heard a honk and seen the familiar looking white camaro. I smiled and rushed over to her car. I put my luggage in her trunk before getting into the passengers side.

"Ugh I missed you." She said as she started to drive away from the airport pickup.

I laughed, "We had just seen each other."

She nodded, "Yeah I know but still it's not like when you used to live here."

"I miss it but I love Toronto." I told her as she drove me to Camila's hotel.

I had to head over there because she told me she had my dress over there. I just got here and was already rushed away but that's what I get when this was the last flight out today. It was really short notice her invite so I got what I could.

As Jaime drove me to the hotel we sang to every song on the radio. I was more than thankful that Jaime was even picking me up and driving me to the hotel. I wouldn't be seeing and hanging out with her till tomorrow and she still had no problem picking me up. I loved her so much, she truly was the best friend someone could ask for.

We eventually pulled up to the hotel that Camila was staying at. She pulled over at the front and looked at me.

"Go have fun tonight and tell Camila I said hi. I'll take your bags back to my house and I'll pick you up in the morning?" She asked.

I nodded, "Thank you so much jay."

I grabbed my bag before leaning over and embracing her in a hug. We pulled away before I got out of her car. I shut the door and waved bye before heading inside the hotel. I took my phone out of my bag and texted Camila.

To Mila🦋:
Heyyy here in the lobby!

From Mila🦋:
Yay! Be right down!!

I laughed because I can practically hear her saying that. I only waited a good five minutes before I heard her squeal. I turned around and seen her rushing towards me. It's so funny cause I literally seen her and Jaime both recently and they act like I haven't seen them in months.

Well I guess I hadn't before the week in Greece. Well Camila flew to me so I'm not so sure why she freaks out. Soon we were in each other's arms hugging one another super tight. We then let go and that's when I seen she was wearing a robe and her hair was half straight and half curled. She really abandoned getting ready and came down here for me.

"Let's get you back upstairs." I laughed.

She looped her arm with mine as we walked to the elevator. Once inside she pressed her floor number before we went up.