Prologue

Prologue

~Edward~

Wiping the sweat off my brow, I look towards the sky. Dark clouds formed before my eyes, promising a strong storm to come. Tossing the empty fishing net and anchor in front of me, I grab the wooden oars. As I push towards the shore the waves start getting tougher, pushing and pulling the small vessel about, making me double my efforts in moving.

A very strong wave knocks an oar out of my hand. Panicking I try to turn the boat away from a tall wave before it hits me. A person flashes before me, a short woman, one who I may never see again. Another wave crashes into the boat, pushing me farther into the sea.

A flash of light catches my eye, momentarily blinding me. Turning towards the light, it's glow snatching my attention away from the storm. The light appeared from under the water, flashing a pale green.

The boat glided to it, the storm forgotten to me. Staring down at the green glimmer I reach out. A small figure grabs onto my hands, startling me.

Large round eyes and pale green glowing hair greet me. Pulling the small being into the boat, her small form motionless. Seeing her naked body I pull off my thick coat and drape the cover on her. The glow started dying down, making it less noticeable.

Turning, I notice the storm had died down. Using my one oar I bring us to land. Getting out the boat, I attempt to pull the boat on the shore. The storm had taken the energy out of me, making it nearly impossible for me to pull the boat up. Quickly another pair of hands begin tugging on the boat, helping me accomplish my goal.

"Eddy! You mean bastard! Scaring the living everything out of me!" Cora exclaimed, hugging me.

Clutching her small body to me, thinking of the small flashing picture of her I had while in the boat. Pulling away from her bear hug, I stare into the eyes of the woman I love.

"I found something" I state cautiously, not knowing how she'll take to the news

"What was it?" Cora replied squinting her eyes in confusion

Gesturing towards the boat beside us, Cora leans over to look inside. Hearing her gasp I look down towards her. Her hand covered her mouth as she looked at the girl, turning to me her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Who.." she trailed off her eyes widening. "Where did she come from Eddy?" she asks me glancing back and forth from the boat and me.

"She was sent to us, I know it! Just listen Cora, we're supposed to take care of her. She's our daughter, I know it." I say clutching Cora's forearms

Cora's eyes water as she thinks. Slowly she walks over and pulls the girl up and out of the boat. The girls large eyes stare at us, the green orbs standing out on her pale face.

Walking into our small cottage, Cora takes my jacket off the girls small form and wraps a blanket around her. Sitting her near the fire, she asks the girl if she was hungry, to which she shook her head yes.

After Cora had fixed her a meal she walked towards me. "She couldn't be any older than 4, the poor girl" Cora whispers to me, watching the girl. Slowly the girl reaches out across the fire, the paleness of her skin appearing transparent. A quick glow flashes against her skin, the same pale green as before.

"W-what is she?" Cora whispers, proving it wasn't my imagination. "I don't know" I calmly replied.

The girl turns to us, her right hand balled up tight. Something white shone threw her tiny fingers.

"What's that little one?" I ask reaching for her fist. She hesitates at opening her hand but complies. In her hand laid a large pearl. The colors of the pearl seemed to swirl around, appearing blue, then pink, yellow, and lastly green.

"We'll call her pearl." I say smiling at the green eyed girl.

~~~~~

So that is the first chapter, if you see any mistakes please tell me I wanna make this better.

I'm really happy it's summer cause now I can write and not have to worry about school the next day! So um... yeah.

Vote

Comment

I'll try to post chapter 1 sometime soon.

Bye :*