Chapter 17: Let's Make A Party Out Of An Awkward Situation

•Electra•

The sun beamed through the window. I forgot to shut the curtains last night. I forced my eyes open and looked around the room. My fluffy grey dog was sprawled at the bottom of my bed. The sheets were strewn across the floor. I was wearing a black t-shirt with the Avengers on and blue and white plaid shorts. Summer makes it easy for me to just chill. I laid in bed for a further five minutes, staring up at the ceiling. I decided to text Patrick, see if he was up.

Message to: Patrick <3

'Morning Trick. Get uuup xoxo'

He obviously wouldn't be up for another hour or so, so I locked my phone and set it down on the bed. I hopped out of bed, my dog not stirring at all, and grabbed some clothes from my closet that would be fitting for the current weather. I picked out a tartan knee-length skirt and a black Misfits t-shirt, the very same one I wore the day I met Patrick. I also grabbed a pair of thin black tights and black converse. I was a lot more confident with my body, but I just wanted to cover up a little. I threw it all on, tucking the t-shirt into the skirt but puffing it out a bit and did a light layer of makeup. Eyeliner, done in the usual way, and a pale pink lipstick. I swept my black and red hair into a messy ponytail, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs, leaving my door open for my dog to run down if he wanted.

No one else was up. I had a feeling Kyle would be up soon as he had a sickness. I went into the kitchen and made myself tea and warmed up last night's Chinese food in the microwave. I felt my phone buzz in my hand.

Message from: Patrick <3

'Hola! I'm up I'm up, don't sweat. What're you doing today?x x'

I loved when he spoke different languages. It's so cute.

Message to: Patrick <3

'Well, right now I'm heating up Chinese food and drinking tea at 6:39am. Later on I think I'm hanging with Alice, Bernadette and Aubrey. I haven't seen those girls in forever. What're you doing?xoxo'

God. I really hadn't seen the three girls in forever. Each of them were total polar opposites to me, but somehow we all got on. I loved them but I never got to spend any time with them as they're all off doing their own things. Plus, I'd been off with Patrick going to Vegas and Jersey. I know it's bad to ditch my friends for my boyfriend, but I'm making it up to them now.

Message from: Patrick <3

'Well, I've got band practice and we've got these two new guys, TJ and Mike, coming to practice with us. Hey, what if I bring Joe and Pete over to yours, or you come to mine, and you bring your friends too? Have a whole mini party?x x'

Message to: Patrick <3

'You know what... That's great. But can we do it at your house? I miss your house. It's rad xoxo.'

Message from: Patrick <3

'Okay- dokay. You tell your friends to meet at yours for 6pm and make your way to mine. Pete and Joe can't wait to meet you. Bye now! Gonna try and get an extra hour of sleep in x x'

I didn't bother replying as, knowing Trick, he'd probably be asleep again. I grabbed a fork from the drawer, grabbed my plate of leftovers and tea and went back into the living room. I sat myself down on the couch, a cushion on my lap, and began to eat my feast.

I heard feet padding down the stairs, assuming it was Kyle I didn't check.

When the footsteps reached the bottom of the stairs, I craned my head to look into the hallway.