Ch6: Goodbye.

[A/N: Again, sorry for disappearing the past few days. There was a typhoon and we had no power. Moreover I've been showering in ice cold water for the past three days. I wouldn't be surprised if I got sick, so, 'scuse me.]

~LUCY'S POV~

"Nnh!" I yelped in pain for what seemed to be the hundredth time as one of the six black wizards launched an attack at me. They were from Soul Stealer. It seemed that they sent this team to exterminate us early.

"Lucy!" I heard Natsu yell my name as I squirmed, struggling to stand on my worn out feet.

Meanwhile, Solaria, Luna, Skylar, and Sorenne were fighting off the other four. I could hear them hurling attacks at each other.

Finally, I found the strength to get my feet under me and brought out two keys.

"Gate of the Ram, I open thee! Aries! Gate of the Scorpion, I open thee! Scorpio! Aries, Scorpio, please attack, now!"

"S-Sumimasen!"

"WE ARE!"

The two immediately did as they were told. Aries hit the man with her wool, and Scorpio, his sand.

"Wool Shot!"

"Sand Buster!"

The man stumbled back a few feet, but regained balance and seemed unfazed. I took out my Fleuve d'étoiles and joined my two spirits as they cast a Unison Raid.

As I hit him with my weapon, the Unison Raid took full effect and knocked him to the ground.

This time, the man never got up and stayed still. I breathed a sigh of relief.

I looked over to the others, and saw that they had also defeated their opponents. But when I turned my head to face the other direction...

My eyes widened, and tears filled it to the brim.

I heard the others' cry of horror, I could tell Solaria was already sobbing.

I reached out my hand with the last ounce of energy I had in me and screamed her name, terrified.

"Sorenne!"

The man twisted his blade in her stomach before pulling it out. I staggered to her side as she fell down, catching and supporting her head.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Natsu throw a punch at the man and knock him out cold. "Bastard!"

I was hyperventilating, the tears wouldn't stop. "Sorenne, wha--ohmygods--"

But she simply forced a smile. "Lucy..."

Within seconds, the rest of her comrades all scrambled to her side, crying frantically.

"Sorenne, please, please, please don't do this..." Ria whispered, her voice cracked.

"Hush, Ria. It'll be alright."

"No!" She was screaming, I couldn't breathe anymore. I covered my eyes and I felt Natsu's arm wrap around my shoulder. "No, don't say that, goddammit! Sorenne, you're dying! Nothing is alright!"

Sorenne was crying too. "Please," she choked. I could tell she was going soon. She looked us all in the eye, one by one. "I want you to keep smiling. Even though I won't be here. You have to continue." She paused and bit her lower lip, trembling as she squeezed my hand. "I'm sorry for being weak like this. I'm sorry I have to leave you."

"You have nothing to apologize for," Skylar mumbled weakly.

"And what are you saying? 'Leaving'?" Luna faked a laugh through her tears. "No, Sorenne, you're not leaving. You're a part of all of us now. You'll always be."

Sorenne's smile widened in an attempt to lift our spirits, but it seemed nothing could at that time.

The second her eyes fluttered close and she released her last breath, Solaria started screaming hysterically, clutching her hair.

She punched the ground, it cracked. Her knuckles started to bleed. I buried my face in Natsu's chest, this was too much for me.

"Goddamn...Goddamn you, Soul Stealer! Goddamn you!" She punched again and again, and her poor terrified sister hugged her from behind to calm her down.

Natsu murmured comforting words in my ear as my chest heaved and my breaths became ragged. I almost couldn't breathe anymore, to be honest.

I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this. Goodbye, Sorenne.

~TIMESKIP: THAT NIGHT; AT A HOTEL~

After we had properly buried her, none of us had the motivation to continue. We had to find a place to rest...physically, emotionally, and mentally.

As soon as we found a hotel, we checked in and silently occupied each bed. Natsu was beside me, I was clinging to his arm and leaning my forehead against his shoulder.

I took one look at Solaria and knew she was far from okay, all of us were.

Ria had her elbows propped up on her knees, her hands were clutching her hair as if she was having a nightmare.

I wanted to reach out, to talk to her, to help her, but I didn't think I could in that state I was in. Sorenne was gone.

I just couldn't let it sink in.

She had a boyfriend, didn't she?

What would he say?

Mavis...

"Shh." Natsu rubbed my back. "It's okay, babe." Had I spoken out loud? "I know it's tough but you'll be alright, I promise."

"Natsu...They killed Sorenne.." I mumbled, wrapping my arms around him tight.

"Shh, shh, I know, Luce...I know..."

I looked over to Solaria and saw that she was shaking. She was shaking. I didn't know if it was out of anger or because she was crying too hard.

It took a few moments, but I finally gathered up the courage to go over to her. I had only reached the spot a few feet away from her bed when, all of a sudden, she stood up and squeezed my shoulder. It actually almost hurt.

When she looked up, I realized just how angry she was.

Her eyes were wide, and bloodshot red. I could still see the tears around them.

All she said was, "I'm going to kill them."