Chapter Two

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1340

Your alarm went off at 9:00 the next morning. You rolled over and shut it off, groaning loudly to yourself.

You threw the covers off of yourself, knowing it was the only thing that would convince you to get out of bed. It wasn't even as early as you would have to get up for work, but being you, you had stayed up late the past night with the prospect of sleeping in on the horizon.

You shuffled to the bathroom and stripped off your pajamas. The water when you first turned on the shower was freezing, but it didn't take long for it to warm up to a comfortable temperature. You stepped in, letting the warmth wash over your cold body. Once your body was clean and your legs were smooth, you forced yourself to step out of the warm shower. You quickly wrapped a towel around your body and dried off your hair.

You jogged down the cold hallway to your room, where clothes that you had picked out last night were spread out on your bed. Your NASA shirt was the obvious choice, as it was your only shirt that looked nice and you were still willing to wear around for hours at a time. You paired it with your favorite pair of black jeans and a gray cardigan that your best friend had gotten you for your birthday a few years back. Once you were dressed, you walked back to the bathroom.

You hairdryer was still sitting on the counter from a couple days ago, so you turned it on and got to work. As soon as your hair was completely dry, you pulled it up into a loose pile of hair on top of your head that barely passed for a messy bun. Since you wouldn't have any time to dress yourself up before meeting Josh's family, you had to get fully ready now. A long flight in uncomfortable clothes caused you to roll my eyes.

Once your face was washed, you headed back to your room and took a seat at your vanity. Your makeup was going to be a process, so the sooner you started, the better. You squeezed primer onto your hand and began the ordeal that was doing your makeup.

Half an hour later, you found yourself in the kitchen staring down at a loaf of bread. Snapping yourself out of your tired stupor, you opened it up and cut yourself two pieces. Next door, Josh's music was blaring, signaling that he had woken up. You quickly buttered your bread and took a seat on the couch.

Any attempt you made to watch TV was quickly drowned out by the music blaring through the walls. You quickly shut off the TV and resolved to eat your breakfast to the muffled sound of Josh's singing.

With only ten minutes left until Josh was going to burst in, announcing the time to go, you rushed back into your room and braided your hair. It took you a bit longer than you expected, so you once again found yourself running out to the hallway to pull you shoes on. You were in the middle of tying the left one when, right at ten, the door burst open, revealing a very happy looking Josh. He was wearing a flannel pulled over a gray t-shirt. A backwards hat was sitting on top of his mess of pink hair.

"'Morning," he smiled.

You finished tying up your shoe, "You weren't kidding when you said you would see me at ten, were you?" you smiled, standing up and brushing off your pants.

"Nope."

"Where's Tyler?"

"He'll be here soon, he was finishing up breakfast."

You nodded and walked back into your room to grab your suitcase. Josh was leaned against the counter, looking down at his phone when you returned.

"I got something for you," he smiled, looking up at you.

You raised an eyebrow at him as he reached into his flannel pocket and pulled out something small. He held it out to you. You took it in your hands and unraveled it. It was a thin chain with an outline of Saturn on the end.

"You got me a necklace?" you asked quizzically.

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't get you something now and then?" he asked.

"A fake one," you laughed, undoing the clasp of the necklace. "Put it on, would you?" you asked, holding it out to him.

He took it from you and put it around your neck, snapping it closed.

"Thanks," you smiled, adjusting it so that it hung nicely.

"Ready to go?"

You glanced around your apartment, double checking that everything was in its place.

"I think so."

You grabbed your keys from beside the door and shut the final light off. Once you were both in the hallway, you closed the door and locked it, double checking the handle.

"Alright," you said, spinning on your heel to face him.

He nodded and together you walked next door to collect Tyler. Josh swung open the door, revealing Tyler hunched over the table, scooping out the last remnants of his yogurt.

"Ready, Tyler?" Josh asked, striding into the room.

"Almost," Tyler answered, staring intently at his yogurt.

"Is Jenna coming?" you asked.

Tyler looked over to me, "Oh, hey, Y/N! Yeah, she is. She's visiting some friends out of town right now so she's flying into Columbus later tonight."

Tyler finished his last bite of yogurt and tossed the container in the trash. He quickly wiped off his hands on his jeans and turned to you.

"Let's do this."

You all grabbed your suitcases and headed out into the cold hallway. You pulled your cardigan tighter around you, although it didn't help much.

"Want my jacket?" Josh asked as you stepped into the elevator.

"Won't you be cold?" you asked.

He shrugged, "I'll be fine."

"I suppose."

He took off his jacket and handed it to you. You pulled it on and immediately warmed up. It was big on you, which only added to the warmth it was providing, not to mention you could tuck your hands up into the sleeves.

The elevator dinged and the three of you walked out into the lobby. Trees were swaying wildly in the wind outside, just seeing how windy it was made you wince. Tyler walked ahead of you and held the door open. You thanked yourself for deciding to put your hair up today, having it down would have been a pain. That's what happened when you lived in Y/C/N in October, you supposed.

You followed Josh to where he parked his car on the side of the building. He opened the trunk and put his suitcase in it, followed closely by Tyler's. You started to follow suit, but Josh stopped you.

"Allow me," he said, grabbing your suitcase and placing it in the back in one swift motion.

"I can do it, Josh," you said, crossing your arms.

He slammed the trunk closed, "Then what kind of boyfriend would I be?" he smiled.

"You're not my boyfriend," you groaned, followed closely by an eye roll.

You opened the back door and slid into the backseat. Tyler was already settled in the front seat, typing away on his phone. Jenna, probably. The door creaked as Josh opened it and climbed in. You pulled out your phone and quickly texted a few people, letting them know that you would be out of town for the weekend. Everything had happened so fast that you barely had time to plan anything.

The engine revved up, and within seconds Josh had pulled out onto the road that ran in front of your building. The roar of the engine cut through the early morning air as Josh cruised down the road. You leaned back against the leather seat and looked up at the tall buildings of Y/C/N. Josh turned up the radio and his music blared throughout the car.