Girls who interrupt

I feel I have given you a great disservice. There was a member of the bad gyal's I'd forgotten even though they are a facebook friend now. It has been a number of years please forgive me.

Renee. This girl here, was trouble, she could be sickly sweet when she wanted to be. Especially around the teachers. Her tongue though, her tongue was like acid. Renee was white and pakistani. She had teeth like a bunny rabbit, had skin paler than robert pattinson in Twilight. Eye's big and brown like dirty pennies in the street. She and Lucille played off each other like oil and water, they were volatile when together and when against each other. 

For the most part we were cool. Her mouth was something I disliked, she had a habit of calling people names, her favourite was retard.A word I despised, each time I got tired of telling her I would punch her, (not too hard. Some people respond better to violence) she would just laugh. (Her laugh was similar to the evil little boy in toy story and Ceres from billy and mandy)

So to reiterate in year seven the top four bad gyals not in order where Luciana, Lucille, yvette and Renee. They had got there status from fighting, disrupting classrooms and being noticable. Other members of the click included Porsha, not bad just cheeky.She provided humour when it came to answering back to teachers. Porsha was round in the face, looked a bit like arthur the aardvark, her face was flat she had a brown complexion. She kept a low profile in this year. 

Tinashe, again she wasn't particularly bad. She was just bad by association. Tinashe was a good look out. She was skinny carried a big backpack that was bigger than her body.  She was cool with everyone, she could flitter in and out with the olders as I did and mix it up in each classroom as her associates where many. She and Leanna had gotten quite close. 

Fatimah, slim pretty dark complexion like roasted coffee. Long coily hair, she wore beneath her headscarf though in year seven I'm not sure she wore a hijab. Fatimah was also cheeky, she served as a lookout, she was more daring than some of the others. She also had some of the idea's that Lucille would take credit for.

Leah with an H wasn't bad at all. She just managed to get by, guilty by association. She and Yvette where good friends.

ten girls including myself, who often mixed and matched interchanging with others. Loyalties could get twisted, words skewed. By the time we got to year eight, I knew I couldn't continue a friendship with some of those girls. Even if a part of me still wanted to. 

Still it is insane to think ten girls had the power to cause so much disruption, even less when it was just two or three of us doing something stupid. 

In year seven or perhaps this could be year eight. Me Fatimah, Leanna and Lucille where in the same maths set. It was an obvious recipe for disaster, even when I tried to sit away from Lucille, the teacher would put me back beside her. Our names were practically on top of each other in the register, you see.

We were growing apart and the alterations often became physical. Perhaps a part of me never really forgave her for what happened to Aimsley. My maths classroom was the same for about three years. Our teacher that first year was often cold and sometimes despondent. With the students he had, it was no wonder we would dissociate and spend all lesson staring outside of a window. Mr Spalding, there were rumours about him. The kind that should have had him lose his teaching license but yet he still taught us. 

But this isn't a story about him. It's about the substitute teacher who replaced him. Mr Deepak. Mr deepak, had substituted before. He was a boring man, had hairy knuckles, would always knock on your table as he passed. I hated that. He was sikh, he always wore a pretty blue turban. Instead of looking out of the window I would count the folds in the back of his turban whenever he was at the board. He spoke as if he had little air in his lungs so he always took a big gulp before sentences. 

"Girl's when you multiply a fraction, you have to multiply the three numbers".  I was bored, I hadn't been this bored in a lesson since my form tutor had us design purses and I had to use felt as a material. (FELT ! Do you know how irritating it is to sew felt) Looking around I could see the others felt this way too. Usually my desk was right at the front, in-front of the teachers desk. Lucille sat beside me, Leanna behind us and to the right of Leanna, Fatimah. 

This day I was sat behind Lucille to the right of me was Fatimah I can't remember if Leanna was beside me or beside Lucille. I only remember the sprite bottle in Fatimah's hand. It was another game of who could hit the teacher, without him noticing. The sprite was empty. Fatimah could flick it with her wrist and the spray would hit Mr Deepak's shirt. Not enough to wet him but enough to soak his shirt.

Lucille saw this and took up the challenge, of course she couldn't just flick or spray a little water, she took the cap of of her drink. Poured a little water into the cup and spat it at his shirt. If my parents sent me to school to get an education, they would have been sorely disappointed that day. Me, Fatimah and Lucille where herded out of that room faster than you can see jeezum peace. I'm sure we had to write statements. Despite my innocence I was still guilty for not saying anything.

Fatima was removed from our maths set and they both received some sort of exclusion. Lucille denied the llama action and insisted she had just tossed the cap at his shirt. 

I knew seriously then that I needed to invest some time in my other friends.