[9] "I'm fine." (Patton)

Patton knew the drill. It was obviously just a few smiles and giggles here and there. Dad jokes seemed to do the trick as well. He giggled softly at the thought.

"What is it, Patton?" Logan asked, raising an eyebrow. They were currently with Thomas, discussing about some important 'matters' that required him to be there.

Yeah, right. He was just there because Logan told him to be there and not be left out. But he was always left out.

"Huh, Logan?" Patton feigned innocence. Logan groaned at Patton's inability to be serious in these times. "Patton, why are you even laughing about this matter? You know what, this entire conversation has been fruitless."

With that, Logan sank down back to his room. Thomas gave a small wave to the other two who said their greetings to the Patton.

"Talk to you later, dad."

"See you soon, padre."

They sank down after Logan. Patton's smile faltered a bit, which he hoped wasn't obvious to Thomas. Sadly, Thomas noticed it.

"What's wrong, Pat?"

"What do you mean, kiddo? I am everyone's Happy Pappy Patton!" Patton said, pointing to himself. Thomas raised an eyebrow, asking once more, "Patton, are you okay?"

Patton's smile dropped completely as he felt tears gather. "Thomas, for the last time. I'm fine."

"No, you're not!"

"Thomas, I swear to god. I am fucking fine so stop asking!" Patton snapped and sank down, leaving a shocked Thomas behind.

Patton sank down into his room and curled up in his bed. He shouldn't have said such things, he shouldn't have hurt them, he shouldn't have hurt... Thomas.

He swore against his own host of all the people. He cried silently, tears cascading down his face while he sniffed and kept a hand over his mouth. Whimpers and cries that escaped his mouth being muffled in his hand.

"I'm fine, Thomas... I'm purr-fectly fine."

The other sides and Thomas never saw Patton since.