• One •

Michael sat at the dining table, pushing his remaining green beans around boredly with his fork.

"Michael, son?" His father, Daryl, finally spoke up after many minutes of a tense silence. Michael hummed in response as his father continued, "I met a lady.. I think you'll like her, she's really nice and-"

Michael rolled his eyes and cut him off angrily. "I can promise you, I won't like her," the pale boy practically growled at his father. He shoved his chair away from the dining table with a huff. "I'm going to my room." He stomped up the stairs, opening his band-poster filled door, and flopped, face-down, on his bed, slowly letting the tears fall from his emerald green eyes.

Michael's mom, Karen, had been killed in a car crash just over 8 years ago, and Michael still wasn't over it. He didn't want his dad to meet someone new, he just wanted his mom. His real mom.

°°•°°

The next morning, Michael woke up to voices speaking in the room down the stairs, one his father's, and one a higher, mystery voice. He sat up, pushing his baby pink comforter off him.  He decided to get dressed before going to see who the strange voice belonged to. He went to his closet, choosing a light pink short skater skirt, and a thin, cream-colored sweater. He slipped on thigh high socks, the color matching his sweater, before choosing some white, heeled Converse.

The pink-haired boy sleepily made his way downstairs, only to fall once he reached the bottom, making a loud crash echo through the house.

"Need help up, Kitten?" He heard a deep, but also somehow high voice speak above him. Michael didn't look up, only said "No" from between clenched teeth, getting up himself, and walking into the den. Not once did he look at the stranger who'd offered his help.

"Ah, there he is! Michael, come here, meet Joy." He heard his father's voice, as his green eyes were trained on the white carpet in front of him. He took a few steps forward, whispering out a raspy "Hi, Joy."

He could feel the older woman's eyes on him as she took in Michael's feminine appearance. "Hi, Michael. I like your sweater." The tanned woman in front of him smiled as he looked up and her. "Calum, my son, is in the kitchen, if you'd like to meet him." The milky-skinned boy quickly concluded Calum was the stranger from before, and shook his head 'no' at Joy. He heard his dad click his tounge, so he switched his gaze over to him, earning a glare and a subtle head movement towards the kitchen. Michael rolled his eyes dramatically as he walked away.

No sooner than he'd entered the kitchen, he heard the same voice, Calum's. "Hello, Kitten."

||| • |||

Okay, hi. I'm Haley, and this small peice of garbage is a new story I'm working on. Um, this is the first time I've written anything in a really long time, so yes, I understand if it's not good. Anyway, please vote and leave comments, either giving constructive criticism, or showing thoughts on characters in the story :)

•Love you all, Haley•