Thingstosay

What is your user name?

Thingstosay

• What's the story behind your username?

It’s not really a story. I guess it just means, I am an author and I have things to say. I just hope someone considers it worth reading.

• How old are you?

I’m younger than most people assume on wattpad. As of right now I am entering high school as a freshman (if don’t remember that’s 14)

• How long have you been on Wattpad?

Over a year

• What story have you entered into the in the Watty's Awards?

My full length novel, At Second Glance

• What genre is it entered in?

Romance. I had a hard time categorizing it. I didn’t want to enter it in the Romance category, because it’s the most popular category (if not, then Teen Fiction is).

 • Can you give a brief summary of your story?

Tyler Nelson picked the wrong time to walk out of this best friend, Jessie’s, party. He was just in time to watch Emma Williams get chased down and beaten by a mysterious man. Caught off guard, and scared for his life, Tyler runs to his home, leaving the girl to fend for herself. He never expected to see her the next day, or be assigned as project partners. After Emma realizes she wasn’t alone that night, she leaves Tyler with more questions than answers.

After much pleading and arguing she finally gives in. Turns out the man was Blaise Williams, Emma’s abusive, alcoholic, father, who also happened to be one of the most famous drug dealers of New York City.

Tyler will do whatever it takes to keep Emma safe. Even if that means, dumping his friends, opening up to Emma, risking his life, and falling in love. At Second Glance is a novel that teaches us that help can be found in the most unlikely of places, and that abuse is never acceptable.

• Who is your favourite character?

Oh gosh, that’s such a hard question. I love Tyler because he’s the main character. I know him the best. He’s sweet, kind, funny and empathetic. However, I also love Emma. She’s so strong. In many ways I wish I could be more like her. Jackie’s funny and caring. My favorite not ‘main’ character is probably Caitlin though. She’s just a normal girl but she’s great to Tyler, whether he’s popular or not. She’s what he needs. I don’t think I can pick just one, but those are my top four.

• What is your favourite part of your story?

Well… Another hard question. I love when Emma and Tyler finally get together. I also enjoy the part where *SPOILER ALERT* Tyler rescues Emma after she buttdails him. Also, I found the dramatic moment in which Emma flinches in a fight with Tyler very powerful.

• What advice would you give other Wattpad authors?

WRITE IN ADVANCE BEFORE YOU UPLOAD YOUR NOVEL. I know this from experience. I had to put ASG on hold for a very long time due to editing issues. I lost a lot of readers, and it wasn’t good.

• Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?

Honestly, thank you. Without you, I’d be writing into space. I appreciate you reading what sprouted from my crazy imagination. I’m glad you love Emma and Tyler as much as I do. I know that sounds clichéd but it’s true. I love you all.