Foreword

Extended Summary

Emma Francisco moves into a house at the end of Sherry Street, just outside the forest. It had been abandoned for decades and for a good reason. She doesn't know that. She had in fact been extremely surprised when the real estate that managed it gave it to her without too much fuss! – also, they were ready to take just ten Ebonese Dinars for it! The girl was too much in a hurry to find a place to stay, so she doesn't really find anything wrong with it.

But then, when she settles down at her new home, she finds an old record player with a headset, alongside a bunch of cassettes. Now, she feels a chill in the air. She nervously picks up the tape recorder, dusts it, and finds the button that opens it. She sees that it's empty. Then, she slowly turns the player in her hands, until she finds a folded note taped to it in a corner. She undoes the tape and unfolds the note. It reads:

"Play the last record. You'll know why."

She feels more uneasy, but an unknown force compels her to do it. So, she puts down the player and picks up the stack, which had also collected a lot of dust. She dusts them off, before separating the last one from the rest. She puts it in the player and turns it on.

Nothing happens.

Then, she realises that it needs electrical power to work. The wire is detached from the player and is a little away from her. She bends over to pick it up and stick it to the player. The wire is already plugged to the switchboard nearby. She puts on the headset, switches on the record, and listens.

At first, it's silent. But, she can hear the tape turning inside.

Then, it begins:

"If you're listening to this tape, I'm already dead."