Step-brothers (AU) (Part one)

Prompt: Andy's mother had recently gotten engaged to Rye's father, making the two best friends step brothers...

Andy: 16
Rye: 17

Warnings: forbidden love, fluff.

Cast: Rye, Andy, Rye's dad, Andy's mum.

Andy's POV:

it's Saturday and my mum and i were moving in with my mother's new fiance and my new step brother. My mum had only broken the news that she'd been seeing this guy a few days ago, saying they were now engaged.

what a surprise that was to hear. straight after i had texted my long distance best friend and secret crush, Rye about it. the conversation went a little like this:

🌵cactus-boi🌵: Ryannnnn!!! i have something i have to tell you urgently!!

🐝buzz-buzz-boi🐝: i have something i have to tell you too. but you go first!

🌵cactus-boi🌵: okay, my mum just got engaged and she only just told me but they've been seeing each other for ages!! like what the hell, she normally tells he everything!

🐝buzz-buzz-boi🐝: wow, that's such a coincidence, my dad just got engaged too, but he said she's really special so i respect that. but i am quite annoyed he didn't tell me sooner. apparently her and her son are meant to move in with us at some point. dad wont even tell me who they are!!

🌵cactus-boi🌵: same here. wow that's so weird.

🐝buzz-buzz-boi🐝: i know right. well, sorry fovvlar i kinda gotta go now, my dad's calling me.

🌵cactus-boi🌵: okay, Rye-pie. i'll talk to you later, love ya x

🐝buzz-buzz-boi🐝: love you too, bye xx

that was so weird, but there's no way he could be my new step-brother. it would be weird and awkward, seeing as i have a major crush on him.

my mum knows i'm gay. right? i'm sure i told her. but anyway that's besides the point. i have to hurry up and get packed. we're meant to be leaving in four hours.

i sit on my bed for a minute more, just procrastinating as i stare out into the abyss of my almost empty room. this is all such short notice. how can my mum just expect me to accept that i have to move home completely.

i roll my eyes and take a huge breath as i push myself up, continuing to pack up my belongings.

-time skip to three hours later-

it is now 14:30pm and my mum and i were just putting the last of our stuff in the car. i'm surprised it had all fit to be honest. my mum smiles reassuringly at me.

"it'll be fine sweetie, you gonna love it there. and you'll finally meet your new step-brother." she says ruffling my hair up before getting into the drivers side of the car.

i take one more deep breath as i say goodbye to my home. i look down and slowly get into the car.

my mum puts on the radio as i buckle myself up.

"you all ready, Andy?" my mum asks me. i sigh and nod. "alright then. lets go." she says before beginning the long drive to Bristol. which just so happens to be where Rye lives. maybe i'll be able to see him there at some point. i'll have to text him later about it. for now i just sit back and wait...

We've now finally arrived after a long three hour drive. i wanted to text Rye but i cant because i don't have any WiFi yet. ugh!!

"hey mum, did you know that Rye lives in Bristol?" i mention and she looks at me in confusion. so i decide to explain further. "you know, Rye Beaumont my internet best friend, the boy i told you about before?" i say. and she looks as if she knew something i didn't

"uhh, yeah. um lets go see your new step-father!" she says quickly before getting out of the car. well that was weird. i shake my head before getting out of the car as well. i hold my phone in my hand while i twiddle my earphones around my fingers anxiously.

my mum goes to knock on the door of the large looking suburban house. wow. our house was nothing compared to this!

after a second, a man who looks to be in his thirties opens the door and walks out towards us. he smiles at my mother and embraces her before giving her a kiss on the lips as to which i silently cringe at.

when they finally let go of each other, the man turn to look at me, smiling warmly.

"Ahh, so this must be Andy." he says as he offers me his hand. i shyly shake his hand and smile back at him, deciding that i should be nice. "do you wanna meet your new step brother, Andy?" he asks though it's obviously rhetorical as i know i'm going to have to meet him at some point.

"Ryan, get your butt down here now, and meet your new step-family!" he yells and i hear an almost inaudible reply. 'Ryan'? i think to myself. hmm. it can't be.

i listen to the sound of rapid footsteps of who i can only guess to be my new step brother, 'Ryan' running down the stairs. as soon as i see him, i am given the biggest surprise of my life and obviously rye was too as he stops dead in his tracks at the front door, frozen and wide eyed, probably how i look as well.

"wait wait wait wait. Andy?!" Rye screams, snapping out of his daze as he runs up to me, stopping right in front of me, reaching out and placing his hand on my arm as if to see if i was real.

"Rye, you're my step brother?!" i ask as i look from Rye to my mum to Rye's dad and back to Rye again.

"i take it that these two know each other then?" i hear Rye's dad ask my mum as they stand there watching us.

"yeah, i only just remembered Andy said Rye was his internet friend when he mentioned it when we got here." she says. and i just look at how they look at each other, they look so in love. i hate that look but, i love to see my mum happy. and if this man makes her happy, then i'll hold off my feelings for Rye.

"i'm so glad to finally be able to see you, Rye." i say, looking back at Rye before pulling him into me, hugging him. i hear Rye mumble back an 'i am too, Fovvs.' as he rests his head on mine.

"Alright, boys. Rye, how about you show Andy to your room?" Rye's father interrupts and we slowly pull away, Rye nodding before dragging me into the house.

Rye gives me the quickest tour of the house before we finally stop in front of a door that i'm guessing leads to Rye's room. Rye looks back at me once, a bright smile etched on his face and he opens the door, gently pulling me behind him.

"wow, this room looks amazing!" i say as Rye lets go of me to sit down on his bed across the room. i notice that there was another bed in the room, guessing that this is where i was going to be staying.

the sunlight that peeks through the blinds covering the windows reflects off of the pale blue-coloured walls, illuminating Rye's perfectly sculpted face as he watches me admire the room, leaning back on his hands.

he soon catches my gaze and smirks as he realises that i'm not only admiring the room, but admiring him as well. i blush as i walk over to the bed across from Rye's. how am i meant to hide these feelings i have for this boy when he does things like that?

"you know, Rye. i'm glad it's you that i'm living with and not some arrogant teenager that wont even acknowledge my existence." i say as i sit down on the neatly made bed. it was true what i said, but there was one thing that i didn't mention. the one downside to living with Ryan Beaumont, is that he's my step-brother...