Chapter 4: Flashbacks

Olly's POV

I wake up in the morning to Maddy brushing her hair and the sun beams through the window. "Good morning, Olly" Maddy says with a smile. "Morning, beautiful." Maddy lays down beside me and gives me a kiss. "How was your sleep?", she asks, "Good". I'm lying, my sleep was horrible, I keep on having nightmares of that one morning in Hawaii. If Maddy dies, theres no reason for me to live anymore. She's the reason why I wake up in the morning. I need to stop thinking like this, Maddy is okay... She's right next to me. Maddy runs across the room, "I need to show you something". I look up and it's the shirt I let her wear that day she- "Ta-da!!!!", she says with a smile. I smile back even though i'm hurting inside. It's my fault she almost died that day. I should've told her to stay home. God, why does she have to be so cute? I get up and put on my blue shirt with my jeans, Maddy groans behind me as I put on my shirt. "Whats wrong, cutie?" I ask, "Put on the shirt, please", she says with a sad face. Just looking at the shirt fills me up with anxiety thinking something bad will happen to Maddy again. I feel my nose tendering up, "Olly, are you crying?" I walk to the mirror and see that i'm literally crying. I wipe away my tears and kiss Maddy. "I'm okay", I tell her. "Good" she says with the cutest smile.

I'm not okay.
But I can't tell her that.