Chapter 18: Can you take off your hat?

Nate pov:

She was like her. The way she dressed, how she wears her hair. Everything was like her except her identity, her name wasn't Hayes and she does not have a brother.

She walked to the back siting next to her brother. Damn am I confused. It can't be her, they said she couldn't be saved and her body parts were not intact.Oh god, please enlighten me. I have to talk to her.

I tossed her a note but it landed on her brother's table.

He picked it up and frowned. I wrote' hey, I am nate, meet me after class, I. have something to ask you.' He wrote something. 'F*** OFF'. I started to breath heavily. I was angry, for some reason, I got a feeling that the new students were hiding something.

I couldn't help but stare at her the whole period. After class, I tried to talk to her but her brother was always with her. Once they reached the cafeteria, her brother pushed me into the janitor closet.

"What do you want with my sister!" He shouted angily. " Nick, is that Tyler? " I asked him. I recognised him. No doubt he was Nick, he thinks if he changed his hair style I wouldn't know.

He growled at me and said no. I didn't believe him but he flipped me off. Why is so hesitant to let me talk to Tyler or Hayes. He punched me in the ribs and warned me" stay away from her asshole!"

I crouched down and sat on the floor. I missed Tyler, I am sure that that girl is my skittles, my girl. I know that smile and her beautiful eyes.

I felt something wet on my cheek. I was crying. I am a guy, I have never cried in my entire life! Tyler please, tell me you are Hayes.

Someone outside shuffled and I wiped my tears. A soft voice asked " you alright in there?" It was indeed Tyler voice. She opened the door and I hugged her.

"Tyler, I missed you so much." She struggled out of my grip and slapped me. " Ass!" With that she walked away, leaving my sorry butt behind.

'I messed up big time' I thought and smacked the door.

I went home and called my dad. I asked him to check on the so called "Hayes" and he did.

He gave me the information I wanted the most.

"She is Tyler Coleman. Hayes isn't her name. She was in an accident sometimes ago but I think she lose her memory or something."My dad said.

I thanked him and took the information to Tyler's new home.

I knocked the door but to my dismay, it was her brother that answer it. "What the hell do you want? I told you Shoo off!" He shouted.

I showed him the evidence and his expression changed. "Alright, keep this secret to yourself. Tyler been through a lot. I do not want her or her stupid mother to know this."He admitted.

"I want to meet her."

"Be my guest. She is very hostile to everyone she meets."

I nodded and went into the apartment. Her brother hollered into the house. "Yo Hay! Someone is here to meet you!"

Hayes aye? I will call her that for the time being. "Hi, can I speak to you?" Her eyebrows scrunched up. She motioned me to her living room.

"Talk."

"Look, I know you had a hard time but can you really not remember me?" I said, desperately.

She shook her head. "No, maybe because you were a bad influence when I met you then. Right now, you are not on my good side either. I suggest you stay far away from me. Finals are coming, we can talk after it."

Hayes stood up and left. "Nate, I know you miss her very much but you have to know that she as been through a lot. You can tell her the truth after finals. She has a scholarship to Harvard Medical school. You can tell her anything then."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••