01: Jongin Centric

Sehun is a cat person. He simply preferred the small, fluffy animals that avoided human contact for most of the day. He wanted something warm to cuddle up with, but something that didn’t require his attention 24/7. He longed for a companion that he could leave at home along and not have to worry about cleaning up after it. Sehun is a cat person.

Jongin, on the other hand, was not. Jongin is a dog person. He liked the constant “in your face,” everyday life of a dog. He liked the bouncing and obedience and constant love. He wanted something that wouldn’t just cuddle with him, but would give his cheek kisses in the morning. He wanted to come home and walk his companion, clean up after it if it had an accident. Jongin is a dog person.

The two were polar opposites, but best friends, and living together in the same apartment they shared with their other, much quieter friend, Minseok. Things were great with the three of them, spending their evenings watching the news or a television show, taking turns cooking, and just generally hanging out. But the peace was disturbed the day two new permanent houseguests joined the three.

[C]✧.*ೃ༄

Jongin held the squirming bundle in his arms and unlocked the door to his apartment. No one else would be home for another hour so that gave him plenty of time to prepare the speech he was going to give to his best friends about their new guest.

“Let’s give you a bath first cutie, so when Minnie and Hunnie see you, they don’t kill me for your dirty fur,” Jongin cooed to the squirming animal.

He carried the small thing into the bathroom and put her in the sink, running warm water and bathing the creature in the cherry smelling pet shampoo. He gently scrubbed her fur gently until the water was black with grime and her yellow fur was clean. He pulled her out of the sink and wrapped her in a fluffy towel, drying her off before letting her down to run through the apartment.

He laughed and went to his room to change shirts when he heard the door open. Slight fear pricked through him. No one was supposed to be home, but Sehun was going to kill him if he saw the puppy bounding out the him.

“Oh hey little puppy, where did you come from?” Jongin’s ears pricked at the voice and he groaned.

“How’d you get in here Baekhyun?” he asked, coming into the front room where the man in question stood still in his work clothes.

“My sweet Minnie gave me a key,” he said in a sickeningly sweet voice.

Jongin groaned again. Of course Minseok would give his annoying boyfriend a key to their apartment and forget to tell Jongin and Sehun.

“You know your little boyfriend is going to be so mad!” Baekhyun cackled.

A blush coated Jongin’s cheeks.

“Sehun is not my boyfriend,” he muttered, picking up the fluffy animal that was not dancing around his feet.

“Not yet,” Baekhyun winked pushing past Jongin and walking to Minseok’s room.

Jongin rolled his eyes and carried the animal into his room. He placed her down on his bed and stroked her fur gently. He tried to prepare himself for what he would tell Minseok and Sehun when they got home from work, but playing with his new playmate had his mind blank.

He wasn’t expecting it when the door to the apartment opened.

“I’m home!” Sehun called through the apartment.

Jongin swallowed thickly and opened his door, keeping his new friend back with his foot and walked out to greet Sehun. He stopped in his tracks when he was faced with a Baekhyun laying across their couch wearing a short, pink dress.