[7] graduation

i walk into the classroom on the day of graduation, and i can definitely say that i am incredibly, extremely, nervous. even with all the training that i had done with kakashi last night, i still feel like i might not pass...i'm also feeling a little weak, as i didn't eat any breakfast this morning, so i wouldn't be late.

i calm myself down and walk over to where naruto is, saying hi to kiba on my way there and wishing him luck. when i get to naruto i smile and say, "hey naru! what's up?" he looks up at me and blushes at my nickname for him. i look at the seat next to him on the outside of the desk and ask, "is this seat taken?"

"nope!" he says, and i sit down next to him, smiling.

"good luck on the test, naruto! i'm sure that you're gonna become a ninja!" i say to him, giving him a thumbs up. he smiles and gives me one back.

"i'm going to become an amazing ninja, them i'm going to become the greatest hokage! believe it!" he says enthusiastically, "good luck to you as well, yuki! i'm sure you'll do great!"

i laugh and agree with him, then look up as iruka walks in to the room. he explains how the test is going to work, and says what the test will be on. i hear naruto groan about how it's his worst jutsu, and iruka starts calling names. i doze off until i hear him call my name, and i stand up and walk into the other room, ready to ace my test!

when i enter the room i see iruka and mizuki sitting at a table with headbands on it at the front of the room. iruka looks at me kindly and says, "alright yuki saito, you may start whenever you are ready."

i take a deep breath to calm myself down, then put my hands together to form the clone jutsu sign. "clone jutsu!" i say, focusing my chakra like kakashi taught me to. when the smoke clears, i see four pretty much perfect clones of myself, and i smile proudly.

"good job, yuki." iruka says, and i walk over to him to get my headband, giving mizuki a secret dirty glare, that only he could see before walking out of the room and back into he classroom.

when i get back in i shoot naruto a grin, holding up my headband. he grins back, and we hear iruka call naruto's name to go for testing. on his way out i give him a high-five and say good luck, and then he's gone.

for some reason, even though i know what's going to happen, i still start to get emotional, and i walk over to the wall, putting my back to it and sliding down the wall burying my face in my knees, trying to suppress the incoming emotions i'm having.

after a minute of sitting like this, i hear a familiar voice say to me, "what are you doing on the floor like that? get up or you'll look like even more of a loser." i look up at the voice and see sasuke standing in front of me, holding out a hand for me to grab onto.

i smile a little and grab his hand, and he pulls me up off the floor straight into a hug. this catches me off guard, because i always thought that sasuke wasn't really capable of complex emotions such as empathy.

i don't push away though, and i ear him whisper in my ear as he hugs me, "i don't know why you look so sad, but you really shouldn't. i mean, you just passed your gradation test after going to the academy for all of two days. you should be happy?" now i push away from the hug telling him why i'm sad.

"naruto's not going to pass the test..." i tell him gloomily, "don't ask me how i know, i just do."

he looks at me weirdly and says, "even if he doesn't pass the test, i'm sure he'll find some crazy way to become a ninja. he's naruto, it's what he does." he then pets me on the head and goes back to his seat leaving me standing there, stunned.

when i come back to my senses, i see a bunch of fangirls staring in shock at what had just happened, but i don't have time to pay attention to them, because just now naruto comes back into the classroom and goes straight to me, hugging me as hard as he can.

even though he doesn't say anything, i just move my hand through his hair, calming him down and assuring him that there is most definitely another way to become a ninja. i look over at sasuke and he raises and eyebrow at me.

after naruto calms down enough, i have him sit down with me on the floor and we wait for the rest of the tests to be over, so we can go outside. once the last student finishes their test, everyone goes outside to be congratulated by their family members, but naruto and i go over to the swing together, because we both can't be congratulated by our family...