- 1 -

THE SOUND OF A machine humming and teenagers chatting woke up Jean, whose head was facing her lap

THE SOUND OF A machine humming and teenagers chatting woke up Jean, whose head was facing her lap. She lifted it up to look at her surroundings, only to see 99 kids stuffed into a vessel that was heading to Earth, she guessed. Looking at the kid's faces, she saw a lot of people she had helped with her stealing, 'Robin Hood' being the nickname she was given throughout her years of experience swiping things from the 'privileged' on the Ark.

Jean felt a stinging pain in her wrists, glancing down at them to notice a metal bracelet clenched around her right wrist that was put on after Shumway tased her and threw her on the rickety ship that was taking her to Earth with a bunch of delinquents.

Straight across from her were Monty—an Asian boy who had black hair that swooped in front of his kind face—and Jasper, a lanky brunette boy, both of which were caught for not replacing the drugs they stole, were sat on the floor, strapped to the wall. Once she caught their eye, she gave them a light wave and a bright smile, which was returned after a few confused glances from the duo. She found Octavia in the mix as well, giving her a wide smile, which was returned with a confused glance, but a small smile as well. She wasn't supposed to be here with them, which those she knew well were aware of, knowing she was too smart to get caught and that she was too old to not be floated if she was arrested.

Jean glanced to the side of the room, of which included Clarke and Wells, two more 'privileged' people on the ark, and beside them was a boy, who had gotten out of his seat in a no-gravity zone, with long, brown hair and a blue jacket. Well's dad, Chancellor Jaha, had been talking since before Jean had woken up, but she only caught parts of the conversation; which included 'Mount Weather' and the need to find it. She was also able to catch that they would not be punished for their crimes, of which wouldn't have been a problem for her anyway.

"Check it out, your dad floated me after all," a recognizable voice said to the African-American boy sitting next to the medical protege.

Wells looked at the long-haired boy in front of him, a stern face keeping him from breaking under the torment and teasing of the delinquents, "You should strap in before—"

Wells was cut off by Jean, who decided to go the more direct route of getting the boy, whom she knew as Finn, to sit down, "Finn, sit your ass down before you get hurt." Jean had always been the mom friend, especially when it came to people like Finn who enjoyed disobeying the rules, even when it put his safety and health in danger. He looked at her, surprise taking over his features as he tried to think of any reason that Jean would be there. But before he could say anything, he was interrupted by Clarke.

"Hey, you two, stay put if you want to live," Clarke yelled as two boys decided to follow Finn and float in the air, despite the multiple warnings that were being thrown their way. Jean glanced around the room more, the sight of panic and fear in some eyes and excitement in others took over her mind. What would Earth be like? Are we going to die? What if something goes wrong? Are there people on the ground? Questions loomed around in her head for a few minutes before everything went out of control.