20 December 2017

It was now December, and after weeks of begging, Joshua had somehow convinced Evangeline to take two weeks off around Christmas so she could accompany him on his winter vacation. The friends were going along with Lisa and Thomas, both of whom Eva had grown close to over the past few months.

The four of them were renting a house in Dubai and Joshua couldn't be more excited. He was now positive that he wanted to make a move on Evangeline sometime during their trip; he just wasn't sure when.

The Bayern boy was sitting at the kitchen counter by himself in Dubai making a list of possible date possibilities where he could take Evangeline. Maybe he would take her on their first official date at a fancy restaurant? Or he could take her in one of those dune buggies?

Joshua groaned in annoyance while slamming his pen down and flipping his piece of paper over. Sure, those were nice ideas, but he didn't want nice; he wanted perfect. His Evie was perfect to him, and she deserved nothing less than her worth.

"Hey, little one," Thomas made his way down the stairs, walking towards his younger teammate. "What do you have there?" He pointed at the blank piece of paper.

"Nothing," Joshua grabbed it quickly so Thomas couldn't see, but it was then that Thomas threatened the young boy.

"We can do this the easy way or we can do it the hard way, Kimmie—the choice is yours," Thomas narrowed his eyes at him.

"What are you gonna do if I don't hand it over, Tom?"

Thomas then threatened Joshua with his three least favorite words to ever exist. "I'll tickle you."

"No, please god, no!" Joshua shouted, practically throwing the paper at his older teammate. He had a traumatizing experience with the Bayern Munich team earlier this year where they tied the youngest Bayern boy up, and tickled him endlessly. Joshua still shivers at the thought of the event.

Thomas scanned the piece of paper while stroking his chin, "Hm," he hummed. "Does this list confirm that you, Joshua Walter Kimmich, have finally come to the realization that you like Eva?"

"Say it a little louder, won't you Thomas?" Joshua whispered back in a harsh tone. "I'm not sure if I like Evie in that way, but I kind of want to test the waters and see if there could be something there, you know?"

"Well Joshy, I'm glad you are finally coming to terms with your feelings! Ooh, I need to call Manuel! He owes me twenty-euros now!" He reached towards his phone, FaceTiming the goalkeeper who was still back in Germany rehabbing his broken foot.

After a few seconds, Manuel's smiling face appeared on the screen, "Tom! Josh!" The goalkeeper greeted his club and country teammates, "I miss you!"

"We miss you too!" Thomas echoed back, "But we have bigger news! Joshua is going to take Evangeline on a date!"

"Ugh," The young Bayern boy groaned while holding his face in his hands. "You guys are so embarrassing! And I'm not going to call it a date—we're just going to go out as friends and we'll see where it goes."

"So if things go as planned, you'll have kissed by the time you come back to Munich!" Manuel interjected, making a kissy face at his friend. Thomas joined in shortly after, and Joshua just sat there stoic, trying to laugh at his teammates moronic actions.

"Do you think you'll use tongue? Or will that be too forward for a first date?"

"Thomas!" Joshua slapped his shoulder.

"What? Just asking for a friend," The midfielder giggled, his eyes crinkling from the action.

"You two are ridiculous," Manuel shook his head before staring at the camera intensely. "So here's what the plan for this date is boys," The goalkeeper informed them of his detailed plan, which Thomas and Joshua approved of greatly.

Tonight would be the night that Joshua would finally confess his romantic feelings to the girl who's been with him through it all, and although he was nervous for her reaction, he couldn't wait to have everything out in the open. He couldn't wait to be hers.