Original Piece: The Hospital

《A/n: This is basically my dream, which surprise surprise! Didn't end up being a nightmare (haven't had one of those in actual years.) And I'm not sure if it was as though I was taking the point of view of a simple spectator, or if it just didn't end up feeling like a nightmare. Anyways continue onward. . . 》

Her body was trembling, blood cold from pure adrenaline yet her skin hot as fire. Her muscles ached as she sprinted down the halls, and yet no matter how fast she ran, it would only catch up.

A quick glance behind her as she dodged a fallen over table, blood tainted water splashed with each step. The liquid went up to her ankles, leaning on the cold side than warm.

Walls were old, white paint chipping though in her eyes it wasn't far important. All that mattered right now was navigating these walls and escaping her chase.

The child, a young boy who possibly couldn't have humanity left. His eyes a dim grey, lost of life. Skin pale, marks bared his skin and veins a dark colour that showed visibly. Hair dark brown, messy and unkept.

His expression dark, aggravated in a manner than startled her.

He... he and someone else had caught her once before-! But at the time she had yet to see the other person, while she was struggling against the boy; her back facing the other.

She woke up after being knocked out. Even more scared as they didn't just kill her.

She pushed open a door at the end of the hallway, a scream ripping her throat when she stepped on something under the water. Falling to the ground around several pale green plastic chairs.

She glanced to her feet, seeing glass sticking in her feet. Her blood mixing with the ones in her.

She screamed again in horror when a small hand wrapped itself in her hair, pulling her backwards and tugging her along towards a small stage-like platform.

"Shut up." He sneered, not looking down at her. She continued the pleas, not hearing his words at first.

"SHUT UP HE'LL COME!"

She froze, her mouth shutting immediately... and yet she was far to late on her timing.

She saw him visibly tense, and a man rose from the blood red water. Her heart nearly stopped and her stomach dropped.

The most terrifying thing?

He looked like a complete normal person, not like anything or anyone else she had seen.