My Crazy Girl [One Shot Story]

_______________________________________________

My Crazy Girl

I felt her presence before I turned my head to find her. When my eyes landed on her, I involuntarily gasped. She always does that to me, you know. I'm not a weirdo or something. It's just that by the mere sight of her, I always need few more seconds to resume my normal breathing. Because, with make up or none; fancy gown or wearing a big dorky shirt with her nerdy glasses; meticulously styled hair or just the timeless messy bun; sleeping or awake; happy or not. I swear I need an oxygen tank when she's around. Because she's just... damn. She just simply takes my breath and heart away.

There she is. There is my girl. My admiring gaze followed her as she marched the aisle charmingly wearing the cream bridal gown she excitedly blabbered so much about this past month. She was beaming. Probably a mix of happiness and excitement for a dream come true and I felt proud that I am responsible for making her happy. I silently smiled because I know another reason for her happiness. All those excruciating hours of planning and making this magical wedding possible paid off. Everything went according to her plan. It didn't even rain.

A giddy grin was plastered on her face while her proud, protective and teary-eyed Daddy is escorting her. I wonder if she also feels the wedding jitters, shaking uncontrollably inside. I wonder if she has second thoughts. I wonder if she even considered backing out. I certainly hope not. She looks so ecstatic and so sure of what she's doing that surely those possibilities never entered her mind. I sighed in relief with my observation because I can't take it if she would back out.

I never stopped following her with my loving gaze as she comes nearer and nearer, her soft steps are in sync yet contrasts my thundering heartbeat. This is it. My heart is swelling with pride I only feel whenever I look at her. I love her for her beauty, wit, and brilliant smile that could brighten up everyone's day and even my totally messed up one.

Her bedazzling beauty radiates as always that I sometimes tease her to dim her blinding super powers. She would just roll her eyes while unsuccessfully hiding her blush from me and throw her smartass comebacks. "How about I just buy you sunglasses because that would be an easier solution?" She would say. I do agree with her though. Dimming her beauty is bloody impossible.

I learned a long time ago that she is not just flesh and bones formed into perfection but an ideal depiction of a face of an angel (if they really do exist) and has the heart of one too. I am absolutely certain that she is the kindest aside from the prettiest girl I've ever met. And you should believe me because I'm a legendary babe magnet. I'm not being vain or braggart but simply telling the truth.

She helps without thinking of getting something back. She sees only the good things with everyone, even the really intolerable, helpless ones that I just can't help but be irritated with her kindness. And what I hate and love about her is that she would rather sacrifice herself for the sake of other people, some she doesn't even know.

When she hears nasty gossips about her, she would just shrug and laughs like a child and say, "I'm such a celebrity. I wouldn't be surprised if they insist on writing my diary for me. It's such a shame they know me better than myself." After that, I stared at her, totally confused. I expected her to stomp the hell out of the restaurant and confront those bitches spreading lies about her involvement with a professor to pass a subject she was always absent with.

I found out later that she was visiting a seven year old child with cancer every afternoon, missing that subject for three whole weeks because she said she needs to see her vitamins for the day. I asked her what she meant by that and she said, "I need a dose of her smile everyday Ash. I need to be assured there's still hope."