Chapter 6 - Part One

"Melody?" Amy asked,

The Doctor, River and Dayton were currently staying at the Pond residence for a few days, finalizing wedding details, and spending some time together as a family.

"Yes," River replied, paying most of her attention to Dayton who was currently playing on his own.

"What do you want to do tonight?" Amy asked, holding her cup tight to warm up her hands.

River scoffed, "Sleep."

Amy laughed, "Wrong," she said in a sing-song voice.

River shuffled back on the sofa and folded her arms, "And what are you suggesting Mother dear?"

"Two words," Amy smiled.

"No, please don't say..."

"Bachelorette party," Amy said with a wide grin.

"Come on," River said, "We have kids, and I can't remember the last time I went out drinking."

"Well, we have a husband and a husband-to-be to look after the kids, and I'm your mother."

"Usually mothers tell their daughters not to go and get drunk," River said, standing her ground.

"Please," Amy whined.

"No."

"Please," Amy said fluttering her eyelashes.

"No."

"One drink and a meal and mother and daughter?"

"You're not going to stop are you?" River asked.

"No."

"Fine," River sighed.

"Yes," Amy shouted, punching her fist in the air.

"Seriously, one drink, that's all."

"Yeah, whatever," Amy lied.

"Hows my favorite people?" the Doctor shouted as he walked into the living room

"And who is your favorite person?" River asked pressing her lips together.

"Amy," the Doctor said in his most serious tone.

"Thanks," Amy smiled.

"Yeah, you're not my favorite person either," River said as she threw a cushion at the Doctor.

"No throwing Momma," Dayton said as he look at River, "That's naughty."

Amy and the Doctor looked at each other and burst out laughing, mainly at the fact that for the past 23 months, River had been telling Dayton not to throw things at people, yet now here he was telling River off.

"Oi, you two, care to be quiet?" River said glaring at the Doctor.

"Home," Rory shouted as he walked through the front door after picking Brooklyn and Harry up from school.

"Mum, look at my drawing," Harry said as he ran into the living room.

"No, look at mine, it's better," Brooklyn shouted as she ran in after her twin brother.

"Feels like home," River whispered to herself.

Amy braced herself as her two children jumped on her, shoving their pictures in her face. 

"Okay, okay," she shouted over the screams, "Why don't you go and put them on the fridge."

Brooklyn and Harry raced into the fridge, arguing about who could put theirs on first.