Open ocean

On the open ocean again, this world feels like home. The waves, wind and sky hold me close. My heart belongs here, surrounded by tumbling waves like horses riding across mountains.

My small boat tumbling over every wave. Each bump reminding me of stories from long ago. Under my boat there lies a mysterious world of strange creatures; swimming in the crystal clear sky of water and in between sharp rocks on cannon walls fish dart like bullets. Ships sleep in the deepest cracks in caves.

Sometimes there is a spark that lights a fire. This is what happened to me along ago.

Waves as high as mountains crashed on the deck of my ship, my world, my home. That night was long, dark and lonely. Over mountains my boat fell. Suddenly, I was under water; my life flashed in front of my eyes. Pieces of my boat fluttered around me. Then it went black!

I woke up covered by sand. Something felt wrong but what? I looked down at my feet but as they rose from the sand, they were not there. Shimmering in the golden sunlight was a beautiful, scaled tail. Silver with pink highlights carpeted up to my hips.

After admiring my new tail, a million questions race around my head, but the biggest one was where was I? My boat shattered like glass so getting home was not an option. To swim was the the only way. Up, up, up I swam through bending currents and swarms of fish, moving as one, like a flock of birds.

Over top of a calm, flat floor of green and blue but glaring at me over on the horizon was a mound of sand sprinkled with palm trees swaying slowly in the wind. There was a small flickering campfire under a large tree. Flames danced round and round in circles, slowly swirling up to the sky. Hovering above a world of flames, was a man. A man with a long flowing cape that were fluttering behind him like wings. This tall mysterious figure held a glowing ball, that looked like a small star.

Suddenly, the ball shot up into the sky like a second sun. However as soon as this man clapped his hand an explosion of colour swallowed me. As this world melted away another one built. I found myself back on my boat in a wide ocean but as a memory my tail was still there.