Why Was I?

We were woken by Coach's whistle and him yelling, "I don't even want to know what happened last night," he yelled. "The meet has been cancelled. Pack it in." he rolled his eyes before turning around and walking off the bus, I was about to get up and sit with Lydia and Allison when Aiden's brother Ethan sat down in front of me. 

"I don't know what happened last night but I'm pretty sure you saved my life," he started.

"Actually I did but it's not a big deal, small details," Stiles said, making me smile before I got up and walked away. 

"Hello," I greeted Lydia and Allison, Allison nodded at me and I sat next to her then I was pushed over by Lydia as she too squeezed to the bus bench, placing me in the middle. I looked at Lydia who was looking further, towards Coach, well more so at the whistle hanging around his neck. 

She stood up fast and talked even faster, grabbing his whistle from around his neck. "Hey! I'm going to need that back," Coach yelled before walking towards the back of the bus to speak with Ethan.

"Lydia?" Stiles called out, she looked closely at the thing before wrapping her hand around it and blowing. She showed us her hand and on it was a purple ashy powder.

"Wolfsbane."

"That's how the Darack did it, that's how it got into your head."  Allison started, I stayed quiet with questions stirring in my head. 

"Every time Coach blew the whistle You, Isaac, Boyd-" 

"And Ethan," Lydia added

"You were poisoned by it" Allison finished. Stiles then moved frantically and threw the whistle out of the bus as we drove away from the hotel.

"Hey, Stilinski!" I heard Coach yell but it was too late.  

"wait, if everyone who tried to kill themselves is werewolves and were poisoned then why was I?" I asked they all looked at me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After a long bus ride of trying to figure out what was wrong with me, we finally made it home. I walked to my room and shut it soon as I saw him sitting on my bed with his head down. "Aiden?" I called out, dropping my bag on the floor as I walked towards him. he pulled me into a hug. "What's wrong?" I asked even though I was sure I knew.

"Ennis is dead," Aiden started. "And I want to know that if whatever decision or what I'm forced to do I'll still have you." 

"You mean going against Derek and his pack, killing them." he nodded. "Aiden, I'm going to do the right thing," 

"You won't be able to stop me." 

"I can try, they are innocent, Isaac and Boyd," I said. "They're my friends" 

"I can't protect you in front of my pack." 

"I can protect myself," I said. "You should go If my dad finds you in here-" 

"Lex" I backed away from him and walked towards the window that was open. After he left I went straight to bed. 

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up late that morning and rushed to school, running seeing that Allison decided to go without me this morning. I ran into the chemistry just as Scott ran out. "Uh Sorry, I'm late," I said before sitting next to Stiles. "Where is Scott going?" I asked him in a whisper. 

"Deaton, his Boss is the next sacrifice," Stiles said. "He phoned telling Scott he was going to be taken and now I'm going to call my dad," Stiles said pulling out his phone in the middle of class. I nodded before looking up at the board and I started writing notes. I got through one page before I was pulled up by Stiles and he dragged me out of the classroom, well out of the school and towards his jeep.  

"Okay, where are we going?" I asked him as we pulled away from the School. He looked at me like I was stupid.

"the animal clinic," he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Why did I have to come?" I asked. 

"Because you're a good guy remember, good guys do stuff like this," he said I smiled before nodding.

"So do you guys do this often?" I asked.

"Do what?" 

"Run out of class whenever you please and-" I looked to the speedometer "-go over the speed limit whenever you please." 

"we do it to save this town." 

"Why are you speeding now? If he's already taken why don't you slow down, He'll still be gone if you get there safely" he rolled his eyes at me before slowing down just a little bit. 

"Can I ask you a question?" 

"Shoot," I said

"If you didn't live with your family where did you live?" he asked."Any other place rather than Mexico"

"I lived in New York with a family friend, Magnus right after the incident, I was there until I was fifteen, then I trained in Mexico for three years and now I'm here," I explained. 

We pulled up to the animal clinic and parked beside Scott's motorbike. I stood in between Scott and Stiles as Stiles' father, the sheriff talked to us and told us to go back to school but instead, we walked into a storage closet that was filled with cages. 

"We have to tell him."

"You mean tell him, tell him or do you mean tell him something that isn't telling him what I think you want to tell him?" Stiles said confusingly

"You know what I mean."

"You remember how your mom reacted? she didn't look you in the eye for, a like a week" Stiles said

"And she got over it," Scott added, "And it actually made us closer"

"I don't know dude, I mean look at him," Stiles started, "come on he's completely overwhelmed as it is"

"He's overwhelmed because he was no Idea what is happening," I added. 

"He's got people dying in this town, the town he's supposed to protect and it's not his fault that he doesn't know what's happening," Scott said.

"He's going to find out sooner or later," I told them. "They always do." 

"OKay but is right now the best time to tell him all of this?" Stiles asked.

"What if not telling him now gets someone killed?" Scott asked.

"What if telling him gets him killed?" I asked. 

"I know Deaton has been like a father to you but Scott this is my actual father," Stiles said. "I can't lose both of my parents. not both of them." 

"you're right," Scott said, giving up this debate.

"No, I'm not," Stiles said, "I'm not right. I'll tell him." 

"I'll help you," Scott said at the same time I told Stiles

"Not alone."