Chapter 18

"What's wrong?" Lex asked instantly when Seth stepped into the apartment, his face ashen and tired.

Seth folded his arms and kicked the door closed before walking forward, shrugging his shoulders, "Nothing really. Just.......information overload."

"Care to elaborate?" Cal asked from his usual seat beside Annabelle and Jaimie.

Seth shrugged again, "Just hard to wrap my head around," he said, sitting in Kieran's empty armchair and looking over at his friends, "I mean, my brother and sister show up after five years. I learned one was in a psych hone for those five years while the other made a whole new life. Rowan has been married for three years, and.......," he looked down, "I wasn't at her wedding. That...makes me a bit sad," he smiled weakly, "But I'm also happy. She's pregnant. I get to be there for her kid. I'm gonna be an uncle," he frowned and leaned back, arms still folded, "Also I've come to learn I have a younger sister and a brother, both by marriage. Dylan's younger siblings."

When he stopped, Casey raised an eyebrow, "And?"

Seth sighed, "Well, my younger sister is Katherine, while my brother is Christopher....Chris......," he arched an eyebrow at Casey, "That Chris."

Every one gasped in shock, and Cal set a hand over his chest, "I am so sorry!" He said, and Jaimie glared at him as Seth rolled his eyes.

"I'm not," he said seriously, ignoring the confused looks he got, "I got to witness the other side of him. He has a little sister. Freaking cute. Guess what I got to see him do? Tell Brad off over the phone. Straight up told him to go F himself, then snapped his phone in half."

Lex didn't look impressed, "So?"

"That's not all," Seth sat back, folding his arms, "He gave us some fun information about Brad that we might be able to use," he smiled and winked, "I'm not usually one for blackmail, but Brad needs to be put in his place."

"I don't trust him," Lex muttered, and Seth shrugged.

"You'll have to learn to, because he's coming over tomorrow."

"You invited him over?!" Cal gasped.

"Him and Sam," Seth said, "I thought it would help to involve him in the Winchester Project."

"No way, absolutely not!" Cal snapped, "That asshole's not getting anywhere near that door!"

Jaimie stood up then, turning to his cousin, "Isn't your whole motto about helping people like us?" he asked, "Believe it or not, Chris has been hurt as much as any of us! Remember what I wrote in my blog about him? About what my brother did to him?" a nervous silence followed, and Jaimie turned, picking up the photo of Nash and Mr. Creed, "Are you really going to let someone else die when you can save him?"

Expressions twisted to guilt, and Cal sighed, sitting back, "Well......looks like we're letting in another wolf in sheep's clothing."

"People can change, Cal," Seth said, "Look at Sam."

"Sam was never a jerk to begin with," Cal argued, and Seth nodded.

"Neither was Chris. He was manipulated by Brad," he looked over at Casey, "What do you think?"

Casey nodded slowly, "We have to try it at least," he smiled, "What's the worst that can happen?"

~@~

"This is the worst thing that could have happened!" Cal screamed, falling to his knees and grabbing onto the bottom of Annabelle's shirt, "What do you mean we have no snicker doodle cookie mix?!"

Annabelle sighed and rolled her eyes as the rest of the room burst out into hysterical laughter. Well, almost the rest of them. Lex's lips only twitched up a bit, Chris was silently sitting with a pale face, and Jaimie had gone on a walk, so he wasn't even there.