Chapter 10 - The Expiration Date

Jordan's POV

"Okay we need to move on. I know this town, before I came to the school this was where I lived. We can go there and get some of my family's money. After that we can go wherever we want. It's enough money so that we could live fancy for at least a centry", Phoenix told us all. We were in his and Mason's room. It smelled weird and I could see feathers laying around. I chose not to ask about it and instead I tried to focus on what was being said. Jonas was also in the room, we were as far away from each other as possible. Neither of us were looking at eachother and I could feel the tension between us like a bolt of lightning. 

"What are we waiting for? Let's go", Summer said. Everyone walked out of the room with just a few backpack in hand. Before I could walk out of the room Summer grabbed a hold of my arm. 

'What is going on?', she mouthed to me. The other ones had left the room and we were alone but if we said something they may could of heard it. 

'Just a fight, I don't know', I mouthed back. Before we could say anything else a huge crow flew out fom under the bed.

"Ahh!", both of us screamed. The crow flew past us and out the open door. I gave Summer a look and she smiled.

"Do we even want to know what those guys are up to?", she asked me with a laugh and I just schook my head.

"I don't. They're probably fullfilling some of their deepest darkest fantasies". I winked at her and she nudged me.

"Yeah probably. Phoenix even bribed me to change room with him so that he could sleep in the same room as Mason". Both of us burst out laughing and it only got worse when we steped out onto the parkinglot and saw the two guys standing next to each other. They both gave us weird looks and it seemed like they hadn't heard a word of what we had said earlier. My laughter died when I saw Jonas in the car. His cheeks were tense and he was staring straight ahead with a murderous look. I felt guilt come over me but it was also laced with some of that weird feeling from earlier. After the guys had made sure that everything was fine we got into the car. The guys had made sure that the minibus we had arrived in was hidden away from the public eye. When we left the town we were sitting in a seven seater car. Jonas was driving with Mason next to him. Phoenix and I was sitting in the middle with a seat inbetween us while Summer and Jack, Phoenix brother, was sitting in the back. We drove fast and Phoenix told us that we were just an hour away. I fell asleep after about ten minutes of the drive and I didn't wake up until the car stopped. I saw a lot of old houses made out of wood with signs that said different shops name. We all headed outside and we started walking down the street. It was an amazing town from what I had seen. It looked to have a lot of history and it didn't look like it was especially big. It was a really cozy place. Just as I was about to suggest that we should grab something to eat we got stopped by a man. He looked to be the same age as us and he had a huge smile on his lips.

"Guys!", he said and 'bro-hugged' Phoenix and Jonas. They were also smilng and they looked quite surprised. 

"Nolan! What are you doing here?", asked Jonas with a smile on his face. I had to look away from him because the same feeling returned just as my eyes set on him.

"Jenny and I live here, come on let's head to my place. It's just around the corner." The guys agreed and told us to come with them. I had no idea who the guy was and I didn't think Summer did either. Mason and Jack looked like they knew the guy but weren't close friends. Summer and I shared a look but we kept quite and didn't ask any questions. 

"So, you guys found them!", said the man, Nolan. He was talking to all the guys and mentioned to us girls. 

"No, not exactly", said Mason and smiled. He walked in between  Summer and I and put his hands around our shoulders. "These girls are the reason we're out here but it's not because they're our mates", he told Nolan. Slowly confusion set over Nolan's features.