Part 2

Eve leaned back in the familiar chair of the hospital's front desk, exhaustion finally crashing over her now that the panic of the night was over. Footsteps made the girl open her emerald eyes and glance in the direction of an approaching coworker. 

           "Well Kyle? Will he live?" The young nurse strained to see into the emergency room across the hall from the receptionist desk where the limp body had taken residence on a large table. Most doctors had strayed back to their other duties but still a few mingled inside, studying the computers before them and writing down observations. Kyle - another intern at the hospital - sent her an incredulous look.

          "Will he live? Eve, there's nothing wrong with him." The male nurse joined Eve behind the desk and set a clipboard before them. "Other than him being knocked out from that taser - I want to know the whole story about that by the way - he doesn't even have a bruise." Eve's mouth pinched thoughtfully as Kyle tapped a pen on the board before him.

          "Hey, I know it's your day off, but help me fill this out will ya?" Eve sent a scrutinizing glance out the glass entrance where the sky was already brightening with the promise of dawn.

          "Kyle, it looks as if my day is already gone, what's up?" She leaned over to catch a view of the patient's information page. Some of the obvious descriptions were filled in, however parts of the page still remained empty.

          "I thought Jen in the office already typed this up, that's what Jane said anyway, I was helping them move the man in." Kyle shrugged.

          "The boss is making me fill one out for the paper records and I'm too lazy to go to the office and print it." Eve snorted at this.

           "Shut up, at least I didn't hit anyone with a car. Okay, first up, age." Both nurse's gazes flit thoughtfully towards the observation window.

           "25," Eve stated. "-ish" With a shrug Kyle took up the paper and murmured as he wrote. 

           "25-ish years of age." Eve snorted.

          "I promise we went to college for this." She vowed to no one in particular before fiddling with a stapler before her. 

          "Patient's name." Kyle threw up his hands in defeat. "How the heck am I supposed to know this?" 

          "Oh!" Eve gasped, dropping the staple chain she had created. "He did shout something, I think it was Thor." Kyle raised an eyebrow.

          "Weird name, never heard of it before." He stated as he scribbled on the page. 

         "It sounds familiar to me, maybe it's short for something." Eve's partner sent her a withering glance.

          "Short for what?" Eve shrugged, grasping for a defense for her earlier certainty.

          "I don't know. Theadore?" There was a moment of silence before Kyle burst out into deep laughter, doubling over onto the desk. "Oh shut up! At least I'm trying to figure this random dude out." Eve shoved him in the arm, making him nearly tumble to the ground as he attempted at muffling his chuckles.

          "Sorry, sorry." He gasped, and Eve's thinly pinched frown she had been struggling to keep broke into a grin. As Kyle slowly caught his breath sudden movement in the emergency room caught Eve's eye. Inside the doctors had ran to the man's head, that of which was now lifted and looking around in confusion. Eve began to point this out to Kyle, but in the end didn't need to as the mystery man suddenly rose and threw the equipment around him to the side with a crash, making all heads whip to face the observation glass.