tequila

baby, i'd never leave ya

i remember how bad i need ya

when i taste tequila

"What kind of diet doesn't allow tequila?"

"All of them, actually. And what kind of a man shows up to a date in board shorts?"

Owen couldn't help but think back to the conversation Claire and himself had shared about a week ago.

It was difficult to grasp the fact that it had only been seven days since they were both reflecting on their first (and only!) date.

So much had transpired in the week following the park catastrophe that it felt like it had been seven years since Claire had shown up at his bungalow in those ridiculous (but really hot, if Owen was being honest) heels and they got into a bickering match.

Like their date, Owen was sitting in yes, board shorts, and ironically drinking his third, (or was it fourth?) glass of tequila that evening.

There was something missing though.

On his first date in years, a beautiful redhead in a black minidress had sat across from him, eyeing his outfit as she daintily sipped red wine.

But now?

Now there was nothing but a half-empty tequila bottle in the middle of his kitchen table keeping Owen company.

The man took another sip, the alcohol burning a trail down his throat.

Why had he dragged Claire into the mess at the park? Why hadn't he put his foot down and told her that she could not come with him, that it was way too dangerous, the danger part being the only thing she listened to.

She might have ignored him, despised him even, if he had forcefully made her stay, but that was a cheap price to pay to guarantee that she wouldn't get hurt.

Or she wouldn't look over her shoulder every now and then out of paranoia.

Or she wouldn't wake up screaming from a nightmare about an Indominous Rex eating her and her nephews alive.

But he had been selfish.

He had wanted to be with her, to hold her hand as he helped her over rocks (damn heels), to be close enough to smell her vanilla perfume, to make her laugh with a bad joke because her laughter was one of his favorite things in the entire world.

Oh yeah, and he had wanted to help find her nephews.

He should've known it wouldn't be a walk in the park.

He should have realized that, besides the Indominous, there were other deadly dinosaurs.

The Triceratops that could flatten Claire faster than you could say "pancake".

The Ankylosaurus that could knock her out with one swing of its club tail.

Oh, and the pterosaurs. They were the worst.

They could pick Claire up in one swoop and drop her just as quickly, instantly killing her.

But then Claire went and shot one off his damn back.

"Who are you and what have you done with Claire Dearing?" he had wanted to ask as she helped him up, but before he knew what he was doing, he had pulled her flush against him and full-on kissed her in the middle of the damn pterosaur attack.