Shadows Fall

"I know I've been forgiven. Countless times. But I can't help but feel so empty inside," muttered Starlight as she walked outside for a stroll. She felt as if the world hated her for the deeds she's done. Even though Twilight and her friends, even Princess Celestia herself forgave her.

She strolled past the little pond that was near the castle. She looked in and didn't recognize the pony staring back at her. "What have I become?" she muttered softly to herself. Walking past a tall oak, she stared at the endless night sky. The stars shimmered and the moon glistened. "True beauty," she thought.

If only she saw the forgiveness from others as well as she saw nighttime beauty. She continued her stroll, thinking very deeply. Stars shot across the sky at extreme speeds, leaving dust streaks behind them.
"Why am I feeling like this? Starlight you've been forgiven! So stop feeling this way!" she scolded herself.

     It's as if the Heavens heard her. A flash of light bolted across the sky, dust streaks falling behind and a loud crash of thunder was formed. Starlight jumped in fright. She quickly understood the message. A single tear fell from her eye, shimmering in the moonlight. She smiled and stared at the sky.
     "I get it. I understand now. I'm sorry for yelling and scolding myself over something I shouldn't worry about anymore. Hope you can forgive me." Another shooting star flew across, silently and beautifully, and disappeared into the universe.

     Starlight walked back home, realizing how late it was. After all that, she was exhausted, so she went on to sleep.
"Luna, give me sweet dreams tonight..."