The Start of Something New

We won the war and androids are now another race in human society, all thanks to the one android who was actually strong enough to lead Jericho into making the advances, without him we still would have been seen as slaves to order around to do our masters bidding. Markus, the android who not only changed Detroit for us, he changed the whole world for deviants everywhere, and now we can finally live freely amoung our human "successors".

 I walked down the streets of the newly changed Detroit, to think, a few days ago we were protesting for justice but now we can walk without fear of being caught or shot, we are finally free all thanks to him, to Markus. 

 I looked at the stores as I passed by like I was window shopping like any other person would, it was lightly snowing as the winter months were just starting and winter in Michigan is always something out of a Christmas card. I looked up at the sky and felt the cold flakes fall on my face, I could turn off my ability to feel temperatures but I didn't want to, I loved the feeling of the snow.

 I saw my reflection in the mirror and smiled, my eyes as blue as ever which complimented my blond hair nicely, I can finally smile a true smile after all this time of fighting because I have never liked wars so peace brought tranquility I never thought I would feel until the day my heart was taken, dark I know but for any android it was our only chance at peace.

 I was finally making my way back to the place where most of the androids I know were staying, people like Josh, North, Markus of course, and even that Connor guy that I sadly don't know all that well yet, I guess its just how I am sometimes but he is one of us so I will have to get to know his whole story.

 I stop right in front of the doors to the old android headquarters aka where most of us are staying, at least the ones of us who didn't flee to Canada, of course some are staying in hotels and the regular housing units but we decided to stay here for a little while until we can actually find out where we can go and what to do next.

 I finally walked in after minutes of letting the snowflakes fall lightly on my clothes, hair, and face. When I go to the "meeting room" North and Markus were in a corner talking as Markus was painting on a canvas, it was something he could do that most of us couldn't, I mean we can paint but not like him, he has the ability to create things that he sees in his head that aren't exact copies, its truly incredible the things he can do with a brush and some paints.

"Hey, Simon!" Markus said excitedly

"Hey, Markus what are you painting?" I replied in a casual voice

"If you want to know so bad come on over and look!" He replied.

 I walk over to the canvas and I see a a stunning portrait of me, except flowers were coming out of many of the orifices on my face, as well as his touch if our signature blue blood that all androids have, it was only paint though so we weren't wasting our supplies even though we do have lots more access to it we still don't like wasting anything.

 "It's, it's amazing Markus!" I replied happily

 "I'm glad you like it!" He said to me while smiling widely.

I decided to leave after a brief conversation with Markus and North, as I was leaving Markus waved and gave me a big smile and North gave me a smile as well but subtle than Markus. I can't believe that Markus would even think of painting me, I felt my cheeks blush blue but luckily no one was there to see it.

"If only I could tell you what I feel." I said quietly to myself before walking away to find a place to sit down.