The Mate

It was just an ordinary day at the guild. Juvia was stalking Grey, Grey was fighting Natsu, Erza was eating strawberry cake, and Lucy was just sitting at the bar sipping on her strawberry milkshake."Oi! Luce!" She had already knew it was Natsu. When she turn around to face him she realized that Erza, Grey and Lissana(her best friend)was next to him. They had all seemed upset except Natsu."What's up you guys?" Natsu stepped forward with his goofy grin."Luce, I'm kicking you out of Team Natsu and replacing you with Lisanna! You're weak anyways and you were just holding Lisanna's place. No hard feelings though." And with that they walked away with Grey mouthing 'I'm sorry'. Lucy was on the verge on tears. She put her head on the counter with a tear escaping from her eye.'How could they do this to me. I'll show them I'm not weak!' She was clenching her fist so hard that blood was coming through.

Mira popped out of nowhere and patted Lucy on the back."Now now Lucy, those meanies don't know what they're missing out on. Lucy, you are not weak and besides, who needs a NaLu anyway?" Lucy look up at Mira and gave her a smile. All of a sudden something burst through one of the guild's walls. Ever one became silent and started looking to see what it was. It was a boy with silver hair and glowing green eyes that looked to be about Lucy's age. He wore a black jacket with a white shirt underneath.

Master saw what had happened and went to the boy's side."Are you all right?" The boy stood up, dusted himself off, stare at the hole in the wall, and shouted"I'll get you for that Igneel!" The whole guild was shocked mostly Natsu. A guy who had red spiky hair, wore a red shirt with a black vest and black pants came through the wall. He almostly looked like Natsu."*Sigh*Well you have to just watch where you're going next time." He shrugged. Natsu started to tear up and ran to Igneel. He couldn't believe it. He spread his arms out and just when he was about to hug him he was stopped. Igneel had a serious look on his face. Natsu just stood there dumb founded.

"My son, how dare you treat the king's mate like that!" He said in disappointment. When every guild member heard the word 'mate' they froze. "Eeeehhhh!" The guild shouted in unison. All of a sudden he teleported in front of Lucy, grabbed her hand and kneeled down on one knee."Hi Lucy, I heard so much about you." He kissed her hand.'How did this guy created a dense person like Natsu?' Lucy thought and blushing at the same time."Hey, Igneel, I told you don't touch her!" The'king' shout pointing towards them." Well, I was just welcoming to her to the family. Was that so bad?" He pouted as he's told up to brush him self off. The king teleported to where Lucy and Igneel were and pushed Igneel out of the way.

"What the hell did you do that for?" He shouted clenching his fist. The king just ignored him. He grabbed her hand and she started to blush madly."Lucy do you remember me?" He smiled. She was confused.'He looks familiar, but I can't remember where I've seen him before.

*Flash Back*

One a spring day little Lucy was sitting by the river waiting for her best friend to come out and play."Oi! Lucy!" A boy with sliver hair with glowing green eyes was running right towards her waving."Hey Travis! Want to play with me?" She said with a bright smile. Lucy got onto her feet while Travis stop in front of her panting."Lucy*pant*guess what*pant*my dad*pant*told me?"Lucy put her hand on his shoulder and smiled"What did he tell you?" He stopped panting, grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes."Lucy, my dad said that I'm the prince of the dragons and I need to train so I can protect you and the world. I will have to train for 18 years, but I'll be back to find for you. He also said that when I turn eight-teen I would have to find a mate. So when I come back from the dragon realm can you be my mate? " Lucy shed a tear and nodded. He held out his pinky and said "Pinky promis?""Pinky promis!". She hug him and said"When are you leaving?" He frowned."I will be leaving tonight to train with Igneel and the other dragons!""By Lucy!""By Travis!" They hugged and waved good by as Travis set off."

*End Of Flash Back*

' That hair and that smile' Her eyes widen."Travis!" She shouted in question."Yep! Nice to see you again Lucy." He gave her a bone crushing hug."Can't ........breath." He let go of her and laughed nervously."Sorry." Ezra, Levy,and Mira came behind her and tapped her on her shoulder.

"Hey Lu-chan, you never told me you had a boy friend!" Levy exclaim jumping up and down. Lucy blush the color of Ezra's hair."He's not my boyfriend!" She shouted. Travis touched his heart and stumbled backwards dramatically."Lucy, that hurts!" He cried. She sighed 'Still hasn't changed a bit.'