lips

and day after day sage found herself walking to that corner store for another arizona and and yet another pickup line from, what she had learned, calum. and she went to the back and grabbed a grape arizona and as soon as she turned she was met with calum; right there; in her face. and he closed the gap between them. he moved his lips ferociously against hers. and she kissed back and let out all her hate towards him and he let out whatever mix of emotions he'd been feeling about her. he was happy and sad and he was still trying to figure out how that could be. so he chose not to let people in. and his cheekiness hid his vulnerability and her hate hid her love and they just let the facades go for the moment. and it was like their lips dug a tunnel to their minds because they understood each other and they knew everyone hurts a little and some choose not to show it. and calum nor sage slit their wrist and cried themselves to sleep; calum hid his pain through pick-up lines and sage hid hers through hate and for once they understood. they understood. and when their lips detached, calum hugged her so tight she dropped her drink. and the arizona was forgotten and love was shared and it was okay.