one.

"life had broken her;
just as it had broken him.
but when they got together,
their pieces became whole.
and they continued on their
journey, together, mended as one."

☆.·:*¨one¨*:·. ☆

MORNINGS WERE NEVER TREASURED IN the Cullen coven. After one morning would follow another, and another after that, until the first was left in total oblivion. They had no need to count the number of times the sun would break out, as it would only succumb to the night hours later. However, the nights began to drag on, like time had broken the clocks, for Marilyn Cullen, who always found herself counting the seconds until light would flood through the curtains.

Until a familiar '67 Chevy Impala would make its way up the long driveway.

And, without sparing a single glance at her siblings, she would run down the everlasting steps of the household, slinging her bag on her shoulder as she reached the second landing, She would open the door and let a radiant smile possess her features, before walking to meet Noah Taylor, standing in front of the bonnet.

"How's my vampire girlfriend?" He would smile, never getting tired of seeing the girl of his dreams walking up to him.

"She's cringing at her dorky human boyfriend." However, there was never an essence of cringe on her angelic face, as she would pull him closer and press a lasting kiss to his warm lips.

"I mean, we could just ditch." Noah offered as he pulled her closer, once again.

"Shut up and get in the car." She pulled away, and he reluctantly opened the door for her.

"Bossy." He would groan under his breath, knowing full-well that she would hear him.

"Love you too." She would smirk, and he couldn't resist but lean down and kiss her again.

"Hey!" The two pulled away to see Emmett standing on the balcony, "I don't see any driving happening!"

"Don't you have a blonde vampire to annoy?" Marilyn dismissed him, yet Noah walked around and got in the car, ignoring Emmett's suggestive wink from the house. And so, the two began their morning drive to Forks High.

The front two windows were wound down, and Mari leaned back in her seat, making shapes in the wind with her hand. A single patch of sunlight fell on her crystalline hand, before it was whisked away by the Chevy's speed. The two held hands over the middle console, warm meeting ice cold, as the radio played in the background.

The two pulled into the lot, parking in their usual place, the spaces on both sides to be occupied by Rosalie's convertible and Emmett's Jeep.

"I still can't believe this is senior year." Noah breathed as he pulled his keys from the ignition, before resting both of his hands on the steering wheel.

"You should start believing it. It will be over before you know it." Marilyn looked out of the window at the students walking among the cars.

"I bet Bella's wishing this day to be over already." Noah smirked as he got out of the car and walked over to Marilyn's side, only for her to open the door herself, "I was going to be a gentleman and get that for you."

"I am perfectly capable of opening a door for myself, but thank you." She smiled, leaning against the side of the Impala as she continued the previous conversation, "And I don't think Bella's wish will come true - Alice has planned a party for her tonight."

"Rest in peace, Bella." Noah mumbled under his breath, before laughing.

"Your birthday is coming up soon. You have all of this to look forward to." Mari laughed, watching Noah cringe.

"I should never have told you when my birthday was."He groaned.

"At least you don't have Bella's mindset. She thinks she's older than Edward just because she's now eighteen." Mari scoffed, not understanding the girl's thinking. It's not like she was turning eighty - one year is nothing.

"I still have over a year left. Once I turn nineteen in a few months, we'll finally be the same age."

"Give or take eighty years." Their conversation was interrupted by the school bell, echoing through the parking lot. Hand in hand, they walked into Forks High, not even noticing the arrival of Marilyn's siblings.

"So, when's your birthday?" Noah asked as they arrived at Marilyn's locker.

"I was bitten on the 14th of April, 1923. You know that." She grabbed her textbooks and put them in her bag.

"No, when is your birthday?" He stressed, "As in - the day you were born?"

The second warning bell rang, and Marilyn knew that she would be late to class, "I really have to go, Noah. I'll see you in Math." She kissed him, before walking off, Noah's question remaining unanswered.

Jasper and Marilyn sat side by side in History, pretending to listen to the lecture on the French Revolution; both texting Alice and Noah - who were in Psychology - under the desk. Mari and Emmett spent their time in Biology telling each other corny jokes, Mari succeeding in making Emmett laugh and get detention. Meanwhile, Noah sat next to Eric in History, both teenagers actually paying attention to the lecture on the French Revolution.

Next was AP Math, where Noah and Marilyn completed all of the set work whilst holding hands under the desk. After the bell would ring, the two would walk, hand in hand, to the gym. They were always on the same team, and whenever Noah caught a guy making Marilyn feel uncomfortable, he would pull her close and give the culprit a piercing glare. He knew that Marilyn was independent and could deal with most of her problems by herself, but Noah knew that she shouldn't have to deal with guys undressing her with their eyes. Funny enough, after a few classes, guys such as Mike Newton found better things to turn their gaze on.

Noah and Bella sat with the vampires at lunch, the latter complaining to Alice about the unwanted party. "It will be fun!" the pixie vampire persisted, playing around with her untouched food.

"Shouldn't the birthday girl decide if she wants a party?" Mari butted in, only to be shut down by her sister.

"She's not sure what she wants!" Alice persisted.

Marilyn looked at the uncomfortable human sitting next to her brother, "Uhh, she looks pretty sure to me, Alice..." However, once Alice set her mind on something, there was no stopping her.

After lunch, the lovesick duo would walk to English Lit, where they were studying Wuthering Heights. Noah had studied the same book at his old school and Marilyn had studied it countless times throughout her long life, so the class was spent making out in the corner of the dark classroom, going completely unnoticed by the teacher who would only play videos of lectures, not once looking up from her phone.

The final class of the day was one that the duo did not share. Marilyn would turn left down the corridor towards Chemistry, and Noah would continue straight ahead towards Biology. Marilyn sat behind Edward and Bella, and Noah sat behind Alice and Jasper.

As soon as the bell rang, the two would flee the classroom and meet beside Noah's Impala. Noah drove the two back to his cabin, just as he had done at the end of ever school day for the past few weeks. The two did their homework, watched TV, and just enjoyed each other's company while George was at work.

At six, Marilyn excused herself to get dressed in the spare bedroom. She had brought a collared black polka-dot dress and matching flats. She styled her hair into an elegant bun, before applying a light coat of makeup. Meanwhile, Noah walked into his bathroom and got changed in black jeans and a nice dress shirt, accompanied by nice, black shoes. Once he was done, he walked back into his bedroom to see Marilyn standing beside his bed.

"Can you zip me up?"

Noah walked over as she turned around. Marilyn took a subtle intake of breath as Noah's fingers slowly breezed over her bare skin. As soon as he was finished, she turned around and placed her hand behind his neck, gently pulling their foreheads together.

"What would I do without you, Noah Taylor?"

☆.·:*¨insanity¨*:·. ☆