0.5

dear jimin,

something big happened the other day: my dad got arrested.

the really sad thing is i knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

he's abusive, which is exactly why i moved out of that environment.

but my mom loves him, even after everything he's done to her. this is why she stays with him.

once i moved out, i knew i wouldn't be able to protect my mom, and that made me so scared for her because i really did want to, i just had to focus on myself and heal my own scars.

when i got the call from my mom, i was 8 hours away from her. i began to have an anxiety attack just thinking about what my dad had done to her and i was nowhere near to help her.

at least they're safe now. my mom drove down to san diego and dropped my siblings off here. i guess they'll be staying here for a week... and then who knows what.

my mom is pressing charges; i told her to. thank god she listened. that fucking cockroach needs to learn his lesson.

there's so much more to the story (once again), but i wouldn't want to bother you. i'd have to write a whole book to fit all the things my dad has done to us.

i saw the death threat you got. it made me sad to see that someone could say/think those things about you. :(

you deserve the very best, just as much as the other members.

don't worry, be strong. army will be there to protect you💜

i love you,

aika

-17 july 2018