Chapter 1 | Year 1

~ Y E A R  O N E ~

Draco's POV

"None of you have happened to see a toad, have you?"

A brushy, brown-haired girl stepped into the compartment where Crabbe, Goyle, and I were sitting, awaiting our arrival to Hogwarts.

Looking up from the book that I'd been reading, towards the girl, my storm cloud grey eyes connected with a pair of chocolate brown ones.

As I stared into at her, her eyes widened.

"Is that Hogwarts, A History?" She pointed at my book.

I look down at the book in my lap, and back up at the girl.

"Yes, it is," I replied.

"Oh my gosh, your the only other person who has, I haven't found anyone else who has read it," she said excitedly.

I smiled. "Would you like to join me? We only have a few more minutes before we arrive, but I would enjoy some company other than these oafs." I pointed at Crabbe and Goyle with a sneer on my face.

"I'd love to." She smiled and sat down next to me. "I'm Hermione Granger by the way? And you are?"

"Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." I smirked and put out my hand in offering. Hermione took it and we shook hands.

Then we turned back to the book and read until it was announced that they'd at Hogwarts. As they were leaving the train, Hermione turned back to smile at him and wave before hurrying off.

~*~

Hermione's POV

After following Hagrid across the lake and to the castle, we were brought to a pair of double doors which were likely to lead into the castle.

Hagrid, a very, very large man (I'm assume he has some giant ancestry) knocked on the doors and waited. A few seconds later and tall women with greying black hair that was tied in a bun, stepped out of the doors.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," Hagrid said, motioning towards us.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here," the Professor replied.

She led us into the castle and stoped us outside the great hall. She proceeded to explain about the Sorting Hat and the houses at Hogwarts, which I obviously already knew about.

After she finished speaking, she lead us into the great hall.

As soon as we stepped inside, every first years eyes were fixed on the ceiling, which had been enchanted to look like the night sky outside.

"Whoa, how does it do that?" muttered a girl to my left.

"It's bewitched to look like the sky outside I read about it in Hogwarts—"

"—A History."

I looked to see where the voice came from and saw that Draco was smiling at me. I smiled back at him.

After the Sorting Hat has finished its song, Professor McGonagall started reading off names.

"Abbott, Hannah!"

"Bones, Susan!"

"Boot, Terry!"

The list went on so our fellow first years went up to the hat and got sorted.

Finally, Professor McGonagall called my name.

"Granger, Hermione!"

I ran over to the hat, jittering with excitement. I couldn't stop smiling as the hat was placed on my head.

The Sorting Hat then spoke so that only I could hear it.

"Hmm, yes, you seem very promising. You've got a lot of knowledge, good for a Ravenclaw. Not afraid to speak your mind, you'd also do well in Gryffindor."

As I sat there listening to the Sorting Hat, my eyes landed on Draco, who was now watching me with interest.

"Ah, what is this? Young love perhaps?"

I blushed, hoping no one would see it.

"Yes, that must be it. For the Malfoy boy too, interesting..."

The Sorting Hat trailed off, and there was a long moment of silence before the hat roared, "GRYFFINDOR!"

I smiled a wide grin, still looking at Draco. But Draco wasn't smiling, he looked quite sad actually.

~*~

Draco's POV

"GRYFFINDOR!"

As the Sorting Hat yelled out the house's name, my smile fell from my lips.

Gryffindor? Why Gryffindor?

I continued to stare at Hermione as she stood up, beaming. Somehow, she always looks really nice when she smiles.

Looking at her face, I couldn't help but smile, even if it was a sad smile.

"Are you okay, Draco?" She walked up to me, a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I didn't even have to try to smile, her concern was enough to make me feel better.

What is this girl doing to me?

She smiled back at me then headed off, towards the Gryffindors table.

And why does she have to be a Gryffindor?

— — —
A/N
Hello guys! It's Mars, I'm one of the writers for this account and I'll be writing the with Ish and maybe with some help from the others.

Well anyway, I hope you liked this chapter, and I hope you like the rest of the story.

😊🍫