Chapter 23: Liar Liar

"I love you." Jungkook whispered, kissing your temple before quietly grabbing his coat and leaving, just before you could wake up.

Jungkook was due back at the hospital, to fill out some paperwork as he had posed as your guardian the night you fainted.

Just being back at the hospital gave him a bad feeling and he just wanted to sign the papers and get out as fast as possible.

He didn't want to be in the hospital any longer than he had to be.

He approached the receptionist's desk, and she immediately dropped the clipboard she'd been furiously scribbling on.

"H-how, can I help you?" She stuttered out, internally groaning at how nervous she sounded.

"I'm here to sign the guardian papers for Lee Y/N. She was admitted on November 24." Jungkook said, smiling gently at the flustered girl as she rummaged through a folder.

"Lee Y/N. She's right here." She said, handing Jungkook the file.

"You just need to sign the portions that say Guardian's Signature, to confirm that you know about the diagnosis."

Jungkook wasn't listening as he quickly signed on the lines, his mind too distracted about how warm you felt against him this morning. His eyes skimmed over your professional diagnosis, not bothering to read it as he wanted to get back to you as quickly as possible so he could set up breakfast before you woke up.

"Is that all?" He asked, handing the girl back the file.

She glanced down at the papers, flipping through them and searching for the signatures on the appropriate pages.

"Yes, but before you go." She paused, unsure if she should forward with her question.

Jungkook lifted an eyebrow.

"Can I have your autograph?"

-

"I'm home! Wake up, sleeping beauty!" Taehyung screamed, and you jolted awake at the sound of his unbelievably loud voice, nearly rolling off the couch.

"Where's your lover?" He teased as he entered the living room, only to find you alone.

"I don't know." You mumbled, rubbing your eyes sleepily.

"My little baby." Taehyung cooed, sitting beside you and pressing your face to his chest.

He was still cold from the winter weather outside.

"You're cold." You whined, pushing yourself off him and limping to the bathroom.

Your foot felt even worse than yesterday.

"Good morning to you too." Taehyung's voice grumbled after you as you turned on the sink, brushing your teeth to get rid of your morning breath.

You remained quiet as you moved the brush over your teeth, walking into the kitchen to see if Jungkook left a note of any kind.

No luck.

"What are you looking for?" Taehyung continued to pester you, and you lifted your hand to smack him across the head, but the doorbell rang, and Taehyung took the chance to run away to open the door.

"Jungkook!" His voice called out, and your eyes widened.

You quickly spit out the toothpaste that was in your mouth into the kitchen sink, and rinsed your mouth out at the speed of light.

Just as you dried your mouth off with a paper towel, Jungkook entered the kitchen, a brown paper bag in his hands.

He grinned at you, before putting the bag down and approaching you, pulling you into a tight hug.