A Lady's Touch

"You kids get your lessons and chores done and then you can play and don't forget to keep an eye on the baby." Carolin explained to her children as she put on her coat.

"Kissi a big girl." The two-year old protested from her oldest brother's arms, to which her mother just smiled. "And I don't want you on the training corse till we figure out what's wrong with it." Wu added.

As a test of the kid's responsibility Wu and Carolin leaving them home by themselves for the day.

"Love you. Be good. If we're not back by bedtime don't stay up." Their mother told them as they disappeared out the front gate.

"Alright lets get to work." Zane ordered. "Hey, who put you in charge?" Kai asked crossing his arms.

"I'm oldest. That makes me in charge by default." The blonde haired boy explained. "Well what if I want to be in charge?" Cole asked definitely. "No, me." Omar butted in. "I never get to be in charge." Jay complained.

"Ok, let's settle this fair and square." Nya said coming between them. "Rock, paper, clamp. "Winner's in charge."

The others nodded. They all put their hands in the middle and on the count of three made their decision.

"Oh come on." Kai sulked. "That's not fair." Omar complained. "We all agreed who ever won would be in charge." Zane reminded them. "Nya, what do we do first?"

Nya thought for a minute. She hadn't really wanted to be in charge but now she didn't really have choice.

"Zane's right. We should do our lessons then our chores. Then we can have fun." She told them. "Aw, but we got up early and I'm still tired." Jay complained.

"Aww, does the baby need his nap?" Kai teased. Jay tried to lunge for his brother but Cole came between them.

"We're all tired Jay but Nya's right. The sooner we finish what we have to do the sooner we can do what we want." He reminded.

<~>

"Kissi wanna pway." The toddler whined for what seemed like the hundredth time. "We can't play right now Crystal." Omar told her as he tried to focus on his math.

"Wanna pway. Wanna pway. Wanna pway." Crystal cried as she dropped to the floor.

The boys all looked at Nya. "You're in charge. You deal with her." Cole shrugged.

Nya sighed and went over to an old cupboard. After a minute she found the box she'd been looking for a placed it in front of Crystal.

"Pway wif Kissi?" The toddler asked hopefully. "We'll play with you later. But for now you can make a pretty picture to hang on the fridge." Nya explained as she laid out some old finger paints and paper.

Crystal clapped excitedly and got to work leaving the rest of her family to work in peace.

<~>

A few hours later everything was calm and quiet. They had all finished their lessons and were finishing up their chores.

Nya made her way to the living room to enjoy a book. Just as she was about to find her page Cole, Kai and Omar came running in, yelling and swinging broomsticks above their heads.

"What are you doing?" Nya hissed, trying not to wake Crystal, who had crashed on the couch.

"We finished our chores." Cole told her. "Now we're having a sword fight." Omar smiled. "Not in here you're not." Nya said crossing her arms. "Why not?" Kai challenged.

"One, Crystal's sleeping in here and two you're gonna break something." She pointed out.

"Well where are we supposed to play?" Omar asked. "Yeah, Jay's messing around with training corse." Kai sulked.

"He's what?!" Nya shrieked, waking up the baby as she rushed outside.

She found Jay sitting in front of the planks, pulling and shifting wires and gears.

"Jay, we're not supposed to be messing with the course." She said sternly. "I'm just trying to help." Jay told her. "Besides I think I got it to work. Look."

The course began to whirl to life before sputtering out and blowing a black cloud into Jay's face. "Are you ok?" Nya asked worriedly.

"I think so. But I might need a kiss to make it better." He said between coughs. Nya smiled and gave him quick kiss. "Clean this up and then go clean yourself up." She told him.

"I might need to wait on that last one. Zane's doing an experiment in our room." He said as wiped some soot from his face.

With a look of horror Nya dashed back inside and up to the boys room. When she got there Zane was just poring a strange colored liquid into a cup on the floor.

"Zane don't!" She yelled, making him jump and drop a small tube into his concoction. The glass began to bubble and then shot a blast of colors to the ceiling.

"What was that?!" Cole asked frantically as he and the other kids appeared in the doorway.

"I was trying to replicate an experiment from my science book when Nya startled me." Zane explained.

"Pwitty cowors." Crystal oohed, pointing at the ceiling. Everyone gasped. The ceiling was covered in splashes of every color and was dripping on the floor.

"How are we gonna clean that up?!" Nya shrieked. "The same way you're gonna get the paint off the living room wall." Omar said absentmindedly.

"What paint?" Nya asked nervously.

"Well you know you told us to stop sword fighting in the house?" Kai started.

Nya's brows furrowed.

"Well we didn't listen and accidentally broke the lamp." Cole continued scratching the back of his neck. "And Crystal painted on the wall while we were distracted." Omar finished.

"You have got to be kidding me." Nya groaned. "Could this get any worse?"

At that moment the phone rang and Kai went to answer it. When he got back he had a anxious look on his face.

"That was mom and dad. They're on their way home." He announced. The boys all started yelling about what to do. Then, amidst all the chaos, Nya got an idea.

"Everyone listen up." She called over the noise. "We can fix this but we have to work fast. Zane, Omar stay in here and clean what you can. Cole, Kai get a broom for the glass and some paint for the walls. Jay you and I will handle the yard. Now let's go!"

<~>

It took a while but soon monastery was clean and tidy. Except for one little detail.

"We tried everything but the chemicals seemed to have left a permanent effect." Zane informed.

"Let's just hope they don't look up." Kai said as he shoved the last of the evidence under the beds.

"We should have just enough time to eat dinner and get to bed before Auntie Carolin and Uncle Wu get home." Nya said checking the clock.

<~>

An hour later Wu and Carolin peeked quietly into the kids' rooms.

"Well they all seem to be ok and the monastery is still standing." Wu smiled. "I told you they wouldn't burn the place down." His wife joked as they left the room.

As soon as the door closed behind them the boys all got out of bed a used their walkie-talkie to call Nya.

"Did they look up?" She whispered anxiously. "Nope. We're all clear." Cole grinned.

"I never want to be in charge again." Nya told them firmly. "I'll do it." Jay volunteered.

"No!" His family hissed and headed back to bed.

A/N OM Gosh this took forever to write but I'm glad I did😅 Thanks uh_hello_Peeps  for the suggestion😉